BPS Certification not allowed if you practice more than 7 yrs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UGAZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I registered BPS today and came across that BPS warned me and not allow me to register due to I have been practicing in hospital for more than 7 years? I am so puzzled . ...Why such policy? Does anyone know? I mean, should I go ahead and pay the fee and take the exam? They do take me to the payment window, though. How often they audit? So confused.

Members don't see this ad.

It is a little bit confusing, but if I understand the policy correctly, what they mean is that relevant practice experience shouldn't have been completed more than 7 years ago, e.g. say you are applying for the BCPS exam, you must have either:

Completion of three (3) years of practice experience, post-pharmacist licensure, with at least 50% of time spent in pharmacotherapy activities
or
Completion of a PGY1 residency​

Per the Candidate's Guide, "Practice experience should not be more than seven years prior to the application date." Meaning, those three years of practice experience with at least 50% of time spent in pharmacotherapy could not have happened more than 7 years ago, or else you are not eligible. Does that make sense?

You should read the Candidate's Guide (http://www.bpsweb.org/specialty-exams/candidates-guide/), and if you still have questions, contact BPS directly.

Reactions: 1 users
I got it ...I've been in practice for 10 years...continuously. I am ok then. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't forget to write your name correctly on the test. That alone is 30% of your grade.

Reactions: 1 users
And it's one of those damn

It's fun to come to sdn now and just contribute nothing :laugh: