BPS Exam Results Release Date History Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxEvileye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see many posts over the years and in various threads asking when the Board of Pharmacy Specialties releases their exam results. I thought I would make this as more of a "master thread" to help prevent people from having to call BPS to ask, and as a place for general discussion about test timing and getting results rather than exam prep.

As an FYI, in recent years when you go to the BPS website very close to around the time they release results, a popup comes up with the anticipated dates. You later get an email when the scores are released and are able to view them in your MyBPS account.

Searching "BPS examination score report schedule" with the relevant year/season in Google brought me to archived pages of previous result dates for at least a couple years. I am posting links here and pasting when the results were released in recent prior years in case the links get taken down:

Spring 2021: general announcement that they release starting July 26th, 2021.
https://www.bpsweb.org/2021/07/23/spring-2021-examination-score-report-schedule/

https://www.bpsweb.org/2020/07/24/spring-2020-examination-score-report-schedule/
Spring 2020 Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:
  • Nuclear Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy – July 23
  • Psychiatric Pharmacy, Cardiology Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy – July 23
  • Critical Care Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy, Oncology Pharmacy – July 24
  • Geriatric Pharmacy, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy- July 27
  • Pharmacotherapy – July 28
https://www.bpsweb.org/2020/11/18/fall-2020-examination-score-report-schedule/
Fall 2020 Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:
  • Nuclear Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy – November 18
  • Psychiatric Pharmacy, Cardiology Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy – November 19
  • Critical Care Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy, Oncology Pharmacy – November 20
  • Geriatric Pharmacy, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy – November 23
  • Pharmacotherapy – November 24 & November 25
https://www.bpsweb.org/2019/11/26/fall-2019-exam-score-report-schedule/
Fall 2019 Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:
  • Ambulatory Care 11/25
  • Cardiology Pharmacy 11/26 after 2:00 pm EST
  • Critical Care Pharmacy 11/26 after 2:00 pm EST
  • Geriatric Pharmacy 11/27 after 12:00 pm EST
  • Infectious Diseases Pharmacy 11/27 after 12:00 pm EST
  • Nuclear Pharmacy 11/27 after 12:00 pm EST
  • Nutrition Support Pharmacy 12/2 after 2:00 pm EST
  • Oncology Pharmacy 12/2 after 2:00 pm EST
  • Pediatric Pharmacy 12/2 after 2:00 pm EST
  • Pharmacotherapy 12/3 and 12/4 after 4:00 pm EST
  • Psychiatric Pharmacy 12/4 after 12:00 pm EST
  • Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy 12/4 after 4:00 pm EST

Here is an example of the beginning of the email I got in 2019 when results were available. This email was sent December 3rd 2019 (same date noted above as first day for BCPS results). The congratulatory email with further instructions was sent shortly after on December 9th:
1625884270487.png

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for sharing! This is helpful to know that the results will be released on a rolling basis. However, I would love to know processing times because from review of other forums (time between last testing date and release of exam dates) our is late:cautious:. I was trying my best to be patient but now as we reach the middle of July, I am getting so anxious to get these results and move on.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing. Since it's on a rolling basis, does anyone know if this is done by exam dates or by last name? I am wondering because if I took my exam early in the cycle, would I be in the first rolling cycle?

FYI

Fall 2022 Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:

• November 21, 2022– Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Critical Care Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy, Nuclear Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Psychiatric Pharmacy, Cardiology Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy
  • November 22, 2022– Oncology Pharmacy, Geriatric Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy, Solid Organ Transplantation Pharmacy
  • November 23, 2022– Pharmacotherapy

Reactions: 1 user
I was searching for something else and saw this. Logged into my bps account earlier and my BCGP result was posted.