Brainstorming for interactive 'intro to medicine' session for HS students

Started by sugeny
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sugeny

one day at a time
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, need some help on brainstorming.

I’m a senior med student, and my school just asked me to organize a one-hour interactive session for high-school kids interested in medicine.

My question: what would have caught your interest in high school?

some ideas my school suggested included the usual:
- suturing
- playing with ultrasound
- seeing cadavers
- stethoscopes with heart sounds

These are all pretty standard. Looking for some unique ideas too…I want it to be really cool, and to at least peak their interest in the medical field. Any suggestions would be super helpful.

Thanks a ton!
 
I had a class last year where we went to the hospital every day and had interactive things like this. I thought the most fun ones were suturing, "Surgery" on a melon using a scope and picking out the seeds, and seeing/holding different organs.