Bread and butter for dermatology

Started by kabab
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kabab

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am still in the process of choosing a medical specialty that i would like to pursue in the future and i understand that to like a certain specialty you have to enjoy the bread and butter of that specialty .

I am really interested in knowing what is considered to be the bread and butter for dermatology .. what is the major load of dermatology cases for a general dermatologist ( not moh's or dermatopathologist) ..
 
I am still in the process of choosing a medical specialty that i would like to pursue in the future and i understand that to like a certain specialty you have to enjoy the bread and butter of that specialty .

I am really interested in knowing what is considered to be the bread and butter for dermatology .. what is the major load of dermatology cases for a general dermatologist ( not moh's or dermatopathologist) ..

Lichen Simplex Chronicus!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Consult for rule out scabies.....

🙂

Was my very first consult on my first consult month. No joke! I even got a little scabie-mite on a slide (using olive oil to bring it out of its burrow) and ran the slide over to one of my mentor's labs, to look under a scope.

Little dude had the scabies infestation big time! 🙁

It was one of those, "Oh by the way..." the whole family has rashes on wrists and such, for like 2 years!