Break schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Metfan2987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is already being discussed someplace, but I thought it would be beneficial to have a thread simply talking about how people broke up their break time over the course of the exam, and how (a) they felt it worked and (b) they felt it could have been done better. Even people who haven't taken it yet should post how they PLAN on dividing the break time. My vision is getting there and doing 3 blocks straight, taking a 20 minute break(red bull/food), then doing 2 blocks, taking a 30 minute break, then finishing.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is already being discussed someplace, but I thought it would be beneficial to have a thread simply talking about how people broke up their break time over the course of the exam, and how (a) they felt it worked and (b) they felt it could have been done better. Even people who haven't taken it yet should post how they PLAN on dividing the break time. My vision is getting there and doing 3 blocks straight, taking a 20 minute break(red bull/food), then doing 2 blocks, taking a 30 minute break, then finishing.

I was going to do the first two, and then see how it goes from there. If I need a break, I'll take a 5 minute break then and then continue onto block 3. Take another 5 minute break and then try and push to 4. Then take a 20 minute break for lunch and caffeine. If I skip the tutorial (most of it) I figure I should have a remaining 20 minutes or so, and so I'll divide that up between the remaining blocks however I see fit from there on.

I took a 5 minute break in between each section (and a 15 minute break for lunch)

IT was very helpful for me (anyway) to take a breather, stare outside the window into the distance to reduce the eye strain, get some snacks and water, and recharge my batteries.

I actually did do two sections in a row in the middle because I was feeling it, but let's just say I wore down a bit in that latter section. I don't think I made any egregious errors, but it felt far more grueling than I would have liked it to be.

I also noticed my speed fell quite a bit in the last few sections. FOrtunately, I used a 5 hour energy prior to the final section.

So definitely skip the tutorial. That's 15 minutes you don't neeed to waste sitting there learning that the "labs" button brings up lab values and the "calculator" button can magically produce a calculator. (go through this information ahead of time)

As for how I partitioned up my break I took a small break after every block and used the bathroom most blocks. (didn't want to have the urge in the middle of a block) Your results may vary though. Some people like to take longer breaks after a few blocks, others don't like to take breaks at all.