Breaks between section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pritomd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, what's a good way to use my break? I would like to use as much time as possible so as to "deflate" from the previous section and get ready for the new one best.

Usually, munching on my snack takes like 2-3 minutes and I'm awkwardly standing around.

Also, I'm a smoker. Yeah I know the risks and it's bad for me, etc etc. But for other MCAT smoker takers, are you allowed to smoke/is there enough time? I had a friend take the GRE and I think he told me he couldn't leave the building..is this the case for MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, what's a good way to use my break? I would like to use as much time as possible so as to "deflate" from the previous section and get ready for the new one best.

Usually, munching on my snack takes like 2-3 minutes and I'm awkwardly standing around.

Also, I'm a smoker. Yeah I know the risks and it's bad for me, etc etc. But for other MCAT smoker takers, are you allowed to smoke/is there enough time? I had a friend take the GRE and I think he told me he couldn't leave the building..is this the case for MCAT?

My friend took the LSAT and he couldn't smoke; he was on the patch for that day. He was also very irritable. Good luck dude

hey, u think they'll let us dip? (smokeless tobacco)

edit: i guess those nicotine gums could work for u as a smoker, but im used to stronger nic doses so id prolly need to chew the whole pack or sumthin

You will NOT be able to leave the building. I was never given the instructions when I entered the prometric center, so I did not know this rule. One of the proctors saw me as she was leaving and I almost had my exam scratched.

Just have a snack and clear your mind. 10 minutes isn't a lot of time...especially when it takes 2-3 minutes to check out and back in.