1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Breaks between section

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by pritomd, Aug 1, 2011.

1. pritomd

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    First of all, what's a good way to use my break? I would like to use as much time as possible so as to "deflate" from the previous section and get ready for the new one best.

Usually, munching on my snack takes like 2-3 minutes and I'm awkwardly standing around.

Also, I'm a smoker. Yeah I know the risks and it's bad for me, etc etc. But for other MCAT smoker takers, are you allowed to smoke/is there enough time? I had a friend take the GRE and I think he told me he couldn't leave the building..is this the case for MCAT?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. user003

user003 lab slave

Non-Student
    My friend took the LSAT and he couldn't smoke; he was on the patch for that day. He was also very irritable. Good luck dude

4. kkentm

2+ Year Member

hey, u think they'll let us dip? (smokeless tobacco)

edit: i guess those nicotine gums could work for u as a smoker, but im used to stronger nic doses so id prolly need to chew the whole pack or sumthin

5. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The building is smoke free and I believe they're not supposed to let you leave. So, I doubt they'll let you smoke.

6. macsta

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You will NOT be able to leave the building. I was never given the instructions when I entered the prometric center, so I did not know this rule. One of the proctors saw me as she was leaving and I almost had my exam scratched.

Just have a snack and clear your mind. 10 minutes isn't a lot of time...especially when it takes 2-3 minutes to check out and back in.