Program-Specific Info / Q's Brenau University 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTsophie

Reaction score
Hey guys! Is anyone going to the Oct 4 interview date? I just received an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Is anyone going to the Oct 4 interview date? I just received an interview.
i’ll be attending this as well. What do you think the writing assessment will be on?

Current first year OT student ‍♀️ they give you a quote and you have to relate it back to OT. You have 30 minutes to do so. (This is based off of my experience, I do not know if it will change this year)

Members don't see this ad :)
Current first year OT student ‍♀️ they give you a quote and you have to relate it back to OT. You have 30 minutes to do so. (This is based off of my experience, I do not know if it will change this year)

Congrats! That’s what I heard too. I am not the best writer especially if it’s in a short amount of time. I’m bit worried about this part. Is there any way you would advice one to practice for this portion?

Congrats! That’s what I heard too. I am not the best writer especially if it’s in a short amount of time. I’m bit worried about this part. Is there any way you would advice one to practice for this portion?

Honestly, there isn’t a lot you can do to prep. Just be familiar with the areas that OT can practice and maybe some interventions that you’ve seen. But you will be brushing up on that stuff for your interview anyways!!

I'm going too! I'm so excited but nervous. How many students do you think will be in the "small group interview"? Also, are you guys staying in a hotel in Gainesville for Thursday night?

I'm going too! I'm so excited but nervous. How many students do you think will be in the "small group interview"? Also, are you guys staying in a hotel in Gainesville for Thursday night?

Hey congrats! I heard it’s like 5-6 and I’m actually staying in Atlanta and exploring there on Thursday and taking an Uber to Gainesville the next day for the interview. I’m from VA so I’m flying there. What about you?

Oh wow that's awesome! I live in Alabama so I'm just driving. I think I'm staying in Gainesville that night but stopping in Atlanta on my way back Friday to see a friend. I just won't be able to get there until late Thursday so I wanted to stay in Gainesville that night so I don't have to worry about driving far in the morning! And wow 5-6 seems like a lot!

P.s. I'm sure you're prepared but Atlanta traffic is the worst, just make sure you can get an uber early:)

I'm going to the 11/8 interview! Good luck to everyone going to the 10/4 interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh wow that's awesome! I live in Alabama so I'm just driving. I think I'm staying in Gainesville that night but stopping in Atlanta on my way back Friday to see a friend. I just won't be able to get there until late Thursday so I wanted to stay in Gainesville that night so I don't have to worry about driving far in the morning! And wow 5-6 seems like a lot!

P.s. I'm sure you're prepared but Atlanta traffic is the worst, just make sure you can get an uber early:)

That’s great that you aren’t too far! Thanks for the heads up, I definitely will leave extra early. I’m really excited but nervous. I’ve never done a group interview so I don’t know what to expect.

That’s great that you aren’t too far! Thanks for the heads up, I definitely will leave extra early. I’m really excited but nervous. I’ve never done a group interview so I don’t know what to expect.

of course! I haven't either. Hopefully they go easy on us lol. Maybe I'll meet you there, good luck!

I am going to the 10/7 interview for the Norcross doctorate program, but am being considered for the Gainesville program as well