Program-Specific Info / Q's Brenau University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT1819

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was supposed to interview at Brenau University on Nov 30th but I had a conflict and will be interviewing on Jan 18th instead. I wanted to know what opinions people had on the university and OT program since I have never visited and only know the information that the website provides. Any information helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey OT1819 PM me and I'll message you what I know about the program!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all send me a PM it seems your profiles are private and I can't initiate the private message!

Hey y'all send me a PM it seems your profiles are private and I can't initiate the private message!
I have an interview tomorrow at Brenau! Can you PM me the info too if you dont mind? :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, how was your interview?

It went really well!! There were 5 people in my group, and 2 interviewers. I feel like the group I was in was very strong, and we all did really well! The interview was very easy going, and the interviewers were great! I struggled a bit with the writing portion, the time limit made it kind of difficult to formulate what I wanted to talk about and get it all written in time! They said we should know in 6 weeks what the results are!

It went really well!! There were 5 people in my group, and 2 interviewers. I feel like the group I was in was very strong, and we all did really well! The interview was very easy going, and the interviewers were great! I struggled a bit with the writing portion, the time limit made it kind of difficult to formulate what I wanted to talk about and get it all written in time! They said we should know in 6 weeks what the results are!

I’m nervous about that! What did they have you write about? I don’t know what to expect!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’m nervous about that! What did they have you write about? I don’t know what to expect!

They gave us a quote that pertained to OT, and we had to relate it back to other aspects of life. It wasn't terrible- but the time limit made it kind fo hard for me!!

They gave us a quote that pertained to OT, and we had to relate it back to other aspects of life. It wasn't terrible- but the time limit made it kind fo hard for me!!

Ah okay I see!! I understand that completely

@mbOT626 glad it went well, do you remember what types of questions you were asked? and was it like everyone had a Chane to answer the same question or was it like a open discussion?

@mbOT626 glad it went well, do you remember what types of questions you were asked? and was it like everyone had a Chane to answer the same question or was it like a open discussion?

I dont remember exactly what the questions were- they were very basic: “why do you want to go into OT?, what is OT to you?” Etc. Everyone had equal opportunity to respond to the same questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who applied to the Gainesville Day August Start program heard anything yet?

Has anyone who applied to the Gainesville Day August Start program heard anything yet?

Nothing yet- i got an email a couple of weeks ago stating that they were keeping my application on hold until they were finished with interviews to make a final decision. I had my interview in November.

I applied after the early deadline but I have yet to even hear about an interview or interview waitlist. I'm wondering if it was too late.

I applied after the early deadline but I have yet to even hear about an interview or interview waitlist. I'm wondering if it was too late.
I applied just before the end of the early deadline. I think they said they were having their last interview in February. You should call in or e-mail them and check on your application!

Received an email a few days ago inviting me to an interview in March!

Received an email a few days ago inviting me to an interview in March!
What is your interview date if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get a general idea of when we would hear back from them!

My interview is this Monday, March 4th!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get the email about an admissions event, are you thinking about going?
I did get it as well. I'm not sure if I'm going to go yet as OT is so specialized compared to other graduate programs- I wonder if they'll let us sit in on a class. I will probably go if I get in... hopefully we'll know 3 weeks from now whether or not we did...

I did get it as well. I'm not sure if I'm going to go yet as OT is so specialized compared to other graduate programs- I wonder if they'll let us sit in on a class. I will probably go if I get in... hopefully we'll know 3 weeks from now whether or not we did...
This is such an insane amount of time to wait lol. I thought it was 3 weeks from the last interview, which was 2 weeks ago?

She said three weeks to a month so it could be longer I’m not really sure.

This is such an insane amount of time to wait lol. I thought it was 3 weeks from the last interview, which was 2 weeks ago?

I interviewed in November. I’m kind of getting frustrated to not hear anything at all. I’ve already heard back from the other programs i’ve interviewed at- even the one i interviewed at this month lol. I need more patience!!

I interviewed in November. I’m kind of getting frustrated to not hear anything at all. I’ve already heard back from the other programs i’ve interviewed at- even the one i interviewed at this month lol. I need more patience!!
It’s so hard!!! I interviewed in February— I literally cannot imagine how you feel having interviewed in Nov... I’d be going even more crazy. I do wish they would at least say SOMETHING. Is Brenau your top choice?? Have you gotten other acceptances?

It’s so hard!!! I interviewed in February— I literally cannot imagine how you feel having interviewed in Nov... I’d be going even more crazy. I do wish they would at least say SOMETHING. Is Brenau your top choice?? Have you gotten other acceptances?

I’m waitlisted at 4 schools ☹️. Brenau is my only hope for staying in-state so i’d really love to get in!! It’s only 30 minutes from my house so it would be extremely convenient. Plus it’s a great program!!

I’m waitlisted at 4 schools ☹️. Brenau is my only hope for staying in-state so i’d really love to get in!! It’s only 30 minutes from my house so it would be extremely convenient. Plus it’s a great program!!
Wait no way; it’s like 30 minutes from me too!! Hahaha

Hahaha what a coincidence!! Is it your top choice too??
Yes!! I was accepted at one program but it’s far away and super expensive so hoping Brenau comes through

Hey all! I applied and interviewed in January at Brenau and I too am getting super frustrated about how long we are waiting. I understand they have had a huge applicant pool, but so have some of the other schools I’ve applied to. Glad to see everyone is in the same place I am!

Hey all! I applied and interviewed in January at Brenau and I too am getting super frustrated about how long we are waiting. I understand they have had a huge applicant pool, but so have some of the other schools I’ve applied to. Glad to see everyone is in the same place I am!
Really hoping to hear in the next week or so as I’ll be out of the country the first week of April...

Really hoping to hear in the next week or so as I’ll be out of the country the first week of April...

When I interviewed they told me 8 weeks from the interview date- which is today

When I interviewed they told me 8 weeks from the interview date- which is today
Am I the only one who is incredibly stressed about this????

I’m incredibly frustrated at this point! Id just like an update email or something.

Has anyone tried emailing? I’m scared to. Lolol
I’ve thought about it lol. I might sometime next week. But I’m also trying to be patient but I’m also currently very much so the opposite of patient.

Well if anyone calls to ask let me know if they give any info!

Yeah.... about that, I had my interview on Jan 18, they told us about 8 weeks to hear back from them and 8 weeks has definitely passed. Its super nerve wracking as I really want to to OT, and I don't want to wait another year to apply for a new cycle. I am hoping to hear back from them soon, if anyone gets a response, please let us know! Thanks

Yeah.... about that, I had my interview on Jan 18, they told us about 8 weeks to hear back from them and 8 weeks has definitely passed. Its super nerve wracking as I really want to to OT, and I don't want to wait another year to apply for a new cycle. I am hoping to hear back from them soon, if anyone gets a response, please let us know! Thanks
I heard 3-4 weeks from their last interview date which was 3/4. But I also heard they’re still interviewing..? Also noticed they’ve had a job opening for the director of the OT department for a couple of weeks now. So I’m assuming that thats not helping the process either.

I interviewed 3/4 and I was under the impression that that day was the last round of interviews for the Gainesville day program and they said decisions would be sent 3-4 weeks after that. So they could still be interviewing for the January start but I think she said that day was their last for the Gainesville program. I want to call or email but it technically hasn’t been 4 weeks yet so I don’t know if that would be annoying or not.

I interviewed 3/4 and I was under the impression that that day was the last round of interviews for the Gainesville day program and they said decisions would be sent 3-4 weeks after that. So they could still be interviewing for the January start but I think she said that day was their last for the Gainesville program. I want to call or email but it technically hasn’t been 4 weeks yet so I don’t know if that would be annoying or not.
Based on that- I’m trying to wait till next week to contact them even though it’s been well over the time they told me. Patience

I’m totally with you all & share your frustration... it’s been so long. I really am hoping to hear something soon because they are my top choice and the other program I was accepted to (USciences in Philadelphia— much farther away and way more expensive) has a May start date. So now I’m cutting it close.

I received an email today around 1pm with my acceptance, but I have already committed to another school and will be declining so good luck to you all!

I received an email today around 1pm with my acceptance, but I have already committed to another school and will be declining so good luck to you all!
Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

well, this is nerve wracking, Issaot2023 got a letter of acceptance, when will we know :nailbiting:

Ugh gosh my interview felt so good but my essay was horrible so I could really go either way. They’re my top so we will see. Fingers crossed for everyone! How did y’all feel your interviews went?