Brief Descriptions of Experiences or Achievements

Started by kca18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Please see body of this post. Thanks!

  • Paragraph

  • Bullet Summary


Results are only viewable after voting.

kca18

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN,

Applicants are asked to provide brief descriptions of any experiences or achievements.

Is there a consensus on whether or not it is necessary to provide paragraph-form responses, or is it perfectly fine to use bullet points with subject-less sentences as one would when writing a resume or CV?

Thanks, SDN, for any help you're able to provide!
 
Personally, I used my description from my resume/CV (which was about 2-3 sentences describing responsibilities/achievements for each one), which is more or less closer to your description of a bullet summary (but without the actual bullet points).

I wanted to get the important points across about what the experience or achievement generally was, but not write too much where people lose their attention-span reading. If they were more curious about the experience, then I could simply elaborate and talk more about it in an interview.
 
Personally, I used my description from my resume/CV (which was about 2-3 sentences describing responsibilities/achievements for each one), which is more or less closer to your description of a bullet summary (but without the actual bullet points).

I wanted to get the important points across about what the experience or achievement generally was, but not write too much where people lose their attention-span reading. If they were more curious about the experience, then I could simply elaborate and talk more about it in an interview.
Thank you for a thoughtful and thorough response!