Brief Descriptions of Experiences or Achievements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please see body of this post. Thanks!

• Paragraph

• Bullet Summary

Results are only viewable after voting.

kca18

Reaction score
Hi SDN,

Applicants are asked to provide brief descriptions of any experiences or achievements.

Is there a consensus on whether or not it is necessary to provide paragraph-form responses, or is it perfectly fine to use bullet points with subject-less sentences as one would when writing a resume or CV?

Thanks, SDN, for any help you're able to provide!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I used my description from my resume/CV (which was about 2-3 sentences describing responsibilities/achievements for each one), which is more or less closer to your description of a bullet summary (but without the actual bullet points).

I wanted to get the important points across about what the experience or achievement generally was, but not write too much where people lose their attention-span reading. If they were more curious about the experience, then I could simply elaborate and talk more about it in an interview.

Personally, I used my description from my resume/CV (which was about 2-3 sentences describing responsibilities/achievements for each one), which is more or less closer to your description of a bullet summary (but without the actual bullet points).

I wanted to get the important points across about what the experience or achievement generally was, but not write too much where people lose their attention-span reading. If they were more curious about the experience, then I could simply elaborate and talk more about it in an interview.
Thank you for a thoughtful and thorough response!

I've bumped this thread to get more responses in the poll.

Cheers,
Kelly