Bringing binders to interviews and where do I find my AADSAS #?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billiken10

I hated headgear.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen students bring binders or notepads with them to interviews, presumably to take notes, but I think some of them also write down questions to ask an interviewer. Do you think adcoms frown on reading off a cheat sheet? And.... dumb question: where do I find my AADSAS number? The top righthand corner of my pink sheet reads a 9 digit number starting with 2005. Is that it?

B10

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think the adcom would frown if you have a set of questions that you prepare before hand to ask them. However, I suggest that you remember the questions and ask them spontaneously, not from your pad. It will be more profesional that way. BUT i don't think it will hurt you if you do read the questions from the pad. What anyone else thinks?
And yes, if any number on the top right hand corner that starts with 2005****, then that is your AADSAS number. However, most people ignore the 2005 and read with the last 4 digits.
Good luck!

I interviewed last year at several schools and I ALWAYS wrote down questions that I wanted to ask each school. I tried not to read directly from my list, but I referred to my questions to make sure I asked everything I wanted to.

BTW, I was accepted to nearly every school I interviewed at.

Dr.Smiley-OR said:
I don't think the adcom would frown if you have a set of questions that you prepare before hand to ask them. However, I suggest that you remember the questions and ask them spontaneously, not from your pad. It will be more profesional that way. BUT i don't think it will hurt you if you do read the questions from the pad. What anyone else thinks?
And yes, if any number on the top right hand corner that starts with 2005****, then that is your AADSAS number. However, most people ignore the 2005 and read with the last 4 digits.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
As in most interviews... eg jobs, schools, etc a portfoilio aka binder is usually standard equipment to take along on the interview.... usually consisting of paper, several copies of your resume/cv, and most importantly, a pen.

Definately have a copy of your CV or resume or AADSAS personal statement. I had one interviewer ask me about some research that I had done, he seemed really interested, and I wish that I would have had a copy of my research report for him to look over. Would have been nice to have it handy to give him, but I didn't have it.

Also, if you have any publications, bring reprints.