Bringing spouse to ASTRO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadOncLova

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about bringing my spouse to ASTRO. I might be interviewing this year and thought it might be an opportunity for her to meet would-be partners/employers. What do you guys think? Are there pros and cons from people's experiences about this?

Members don't see this ad.

I would not bring your spouse uninvited to these types of interviews/meetings. First off, many of the interviews that you have at ASTRO are of the "screening" variety. There are a ton of hungry applicants in one place and it is the perfect opportunity for employers to 'separate the wheat from the chaff'. In this type of scenario, it is too early to bring a spouse.

In my experience, spouses are welcome when you go for second visits and need to make a final decision. At this point, your spouse's input is critically important.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed...the ASTRO interviews are a low-cost opportunity for possible employers to make sure you're not a weirdo. Bringing your spouse to these brief meetings would put you in the weirdo category. Save her vacation time/travel budget for later visits to actual practices/cities.