Brown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Very nice faculty, very good surgical numbers. Providence is not too bad and close enough to Boston and New York. They seem a little unstable because they just got a new chair and PD a few weeks before the interview, but they have been with the department for many many years, so things should settle well now. Good training, though with only 2 residents the call will not be easy. The hospital their gets an oddly high amount of trauma so be prepared to be busy. Overall though, it was very nice, and probably the best a program of only 2 residents per year can be. They might expand soon though.

Any updates on Brown? I need to decide whether the interview is worth attending or not. I would be traveling from across the country.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates on Brown? I need to decide whether the interview is worth attending or not. I would be traveling from across the country.

Brown was recently upgraded in class size to 3 residents per year. No fellows with the exception of a few shared surgeries for the occasional visiting plastics from MEEI. Residents and faculty seem to get along very well. Resident run clinics. VA.

anyone know if brown is extending invitations this year? they're the only ones who haven't sent their's out yet.

also, if anyone knows why they are on probation?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know if brown is extending invitations this year? they're the only ones who haven't sent their's out yet.

also, if anyone knows why they are on probation?

Their website says they got a new PD like last week. She's probably quite busy now.

Had no idea they were on probation though..

Brown is a solid program. I don't have notes i wrote down on program in front of me, but I found them to be the hidden gem of the east coast. Providence is a great college town only 30 miles from Boston, fairly reasonable cost of living.

They presented great surgery numbers, have VA to themselves, chairman is a well known Oculoplastics person for those interested. I would have been happy to match there last cycle.

Brown is a solid program. I don't have notes i wrote down on program in front of me, but I found them to be the hidden gem of the east coast. Providence is a great college town only 30 miles from Boston, fairly reasonable cost of living.

They presented great surgery numbers, have VA to themselves, chairman is a well known Oculoplastics person for those interested. I would have been happy to match there last cycle.
I agree thanks so much!