Brown VS UCLA PREMED (High schooler)

coolydoody1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a california high school senior weighing my options. I have narrowed down my list to UCLA or Brown U. I agree about the competition at UCLA and how cut throat it may be. But I also love the campus and how it feels to me. On the other hand, I have read that Brown has gpa inflation and good advising, leading to a high acceptance rate into med school. I do not know how I can adjust to the distance as well as the weather there but only trying it out would tell. Would you say the stats of Brown outweigh the troubles with distance and discomfort or simply cold feet? I would also love to come back to Cali for med school but I heard that Cali med schools prefer residents. Would me coming from an Ivy and being a Calif resident help make up for that if I was applying to California med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I vote brown. UCLA is notoriously difficult for pre-meds, brown seems like a much more supportive environment. You should also be able to maintain California resident status while at Brown.

Reactions: 1 users
I vote brown. UCLA is notoriously difficult for pre-meds, brown seems like a much more supportive environment. You should also be able to maintain California resident status while at Brown.
thank you for your response; that's what i have been leaning towards but I am just not sure if I will fit in at the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for your response; that's what i have been leaning towards but I am just not sure if I will fit in at the school.

I think at any college you go to you’ll find a niche, it’s also normal to get cold feet about leaving home. However, I think if youtake a step back and look at the two schools logically, it doesn’t make much sense to go to UCLA over brown for pre-med.

Hi everyone! Just to update you on my decision and what factors I considered. I ended up going with Brown. The potential career opportunities provided by getting my undergrad at Brown significantly outweighed those of UCLA. And as for feeling comfortable with the campus, being in a different environment will stimulate the most growth for me as an individual. Believe it or not, many many students at Brown were debating between UCLA and Brown.

Reactions: 2 users