BRS GA vs. Rapid Review Series GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slide

Finally, no more "training"
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our gross anatomy class does not have a cumulative practical (thank god), but instead we take the board exam as our "cumulative final". I was wondering to those that have taken it of which book they used to review for the test. I have both BRS and RRS, but since I sorta want to keep my studying sources limited, I'm trying to figure out which one I should be using as the test nears.

I've glimpsed through BRS and I can tell that this book seems to be more comprehensive and detailed. It also has a ton of great practice questions that I usually use for my regular gross exams. However, my class' gross experience is a bit different because when we review for the tests, we pretty much use Rapid Review Series, with the reason being that our professor is the one who wrote the book, thus his tendency to draw questions from that book. Part of me wants to use RRS because I'm very familiar with it and my professor seems to know every part of anatomy that can be seen with the naked eye. Is there really a difference in using either one, and if not, what has proven to be more successful for you all?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't buy RRS, and thus only used BRS for the anatomy board exam. It was an excellent prep. I just read every chapter and did the great review questions at the end of each. I guess it makes sense that you'd use RRS for exam classes, but don't let the familiarity box you in. I can't answer whether RRS and BRS are vastly different, though I'd think not, since they're prepping for the same material.

Take a gander at First Aid too for the anatomy stuff, it's good for last-minute prep right before you take the test.

Pretest has really challenging clinical questions with really good answer explanations.