1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

BRS path vs. Goljan RR for COMLEX

Discussion in 'Step I' started by stretch210, Feb 28, 2007.

1. stretch210

stretch210 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

What's the consensus on this? COMLEX is supposed to be very clinically oriented. I'm not quite sure what that means in comparison to the USMLE, or for that matter HOW I should be studying for it?

But, as far as path goes...would you recommend one or the other, or is just knowing one well good enough, as long as you know it well?

Also, since you fellow DO's will be reading this, what's the best strategy to learn the pharm. I've heard it's very heavy on the COMLEX...

Finally, First Aid/Step Up helpful? I've heard different things

Ok, this is really the last question...which question bank did you feel was the most representative with regards to question format, and which was best with regards to information?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rahulazcom

rahulazcom Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I own both and my approach is to read the BRS Path first to provide myself with some background and then read the Golgan RR. The BRS Path is written well and is concise so it's very easy to read. The Golgan RR has more details and nice pictures so I think it will be easier to read after having read BRS.

4. OnMyWayThere

OnMyWayThere OMS-III
    10+ Year Member

I also have both and plan on using both... whenever I start studying for the beast.