BRS path vs. Goljan RR for COMLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stretch210

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus on this? COMLEX is supposed to be very clinically oriented. I'm not quite sure what that means in comparison to the USMLE, or for that matter HOW I should be studying for it?

But, as far as path goes...would you recommend one or the other, or is just knowing one well good enough, as long as you know it well?

Also, since you fellow DO's will be reading this, what's the best strategy to learn the pharm. I've heard it's very heavy on the COMLEX...

Finally, First Aid/Step Up helpful? I've heard different things

Ok, this is really the last question...which question bank did you feel was the most representative with regards to question format, and which was best with regards to information?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I own both and my approach is to read the BRS Path first to provide myself with some background and then read the Golgan RR. The BRS Path is written well and is concise so it's very easy to read. The Golgan RR has more details and nice pictures so I think it will be easier to read after having read BRS.

I also have both and plan on using both... whenever I start studying for the beast.