• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

BRS Question Difficulty

KoalaT

5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was curious if anyone has experience with doing the BRS questions. How do they to step 1? (I would ask how they compare to school examination, but I guess that depends on the program).

Are BRS easier, the same, or harder than the general Step 1 question? I'm trying to get a reference for how I'm doing. I've been scoring between 67-80% depending on the chapter. Just trying to gauge how good, average, or bad that is.

About the Ads

soop

7+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
UWorld questions are comparable. USMLERx questions are easy and not worth your time during dedicated board prep time but would be useful when you are first learning the material.

Reactions: 1 user

NidDAlouette

5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I haven't taken Step 1 yet, but I usually scored worse on BRS than on NBME exams. Some of this may be because I used BRS questions to study and just knew the material better by test day, but usually I scored about 10-20% higher on NBME than I had on the BRS questions.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.