Bryn Mawr Postbac Premedical Program 2016-2017

Started by Y = bX+a
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Y = bX+a

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I searched the forums prior to making this thread, although I didn't see any current threads for folks who have accepted an offer and plan on attending Bryn Mawr's program this year.

I am already in the area and would be more than happy to help if anyone has any moving related questions, or wants to know what the best cheesesteak is in Philly ;-). I look forward to learning with everyone!

- Y
 
@Y = bX+a

Congrats on your acceptance to Bryn Mawr! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply and have your interview? I interviewed last week and am curious to see how long it took for you to receive your offer after the interview.

I really enjoyed my visit. The campus is beautiful, the students seem to enjoy the program and the support from faculty/advising seems excellent. I hope that I'll be joining you this year 🙂
 
Thanks Green, and congrats on your interview! I definitely agree about your campus visit too, I got the same feelings. Sent the info you were wondering about in a PM. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there. I also had my interview last week, and like greeneyes I'm interested in knowing the turnaround before you for your offer/acceptance? Although I have a few other options, BM is my first choice an dim hoping to hear good news soon!
 
When I interviewed there a few years ago, it was sometime in January and I got the acceptance call a few weeks later. If that's at all helpful 🙂
 
Hi Sin =), congrats on your interview as well! Similar to Green, sending you a PM! Good luck!
 
Well, I got my rejection email today. Kind of surprised, but oh well. Best of luck to the entering class!
 
What was the turn around time between submission/marked for review and hearing back for interview/application decision?
@Sin Anestecia @greeneyes1990
 
@SDSwan I submitted my application in late January. By early Feb Bryn Mawr had marked my app and materials as complete and I received an invitation to interview about 2.5 weeks after I had submitted everything on my end. I got the committee decision two weeks to the day after I interviewed. Compared to other programs I applied to, Bryn Mawr wasn't the fastest or the slowest... but I felt like the turnaround time was pretty good. About 6 weeks overall.... although in this situation any waiting is painful because we're so anxious to get a decision haha 🙂
 
No luck :/ Not even an interview! I thought I would have at least landed that, I talked to a student that was in the program and she thought I sounded pretty good.

Oh well, on to the next.

Good luck to the incoming class!
 
To those who got in, first, congratulations!

Can you guys please share a little on your academic background?
What GPA/Major you graduated with, additional clinical hours/research you did, switching from a different profession, or anything that could be beneficial to know when applying for a post bacc.

I'm currently in a DPT program but would like to opt out and apply for a post bacc, especially Bryn Mawr!!