bs/dds 5-7 yr programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
a friend wanted to know what are the bs/dds programs out there? i think i read uop was 5 years to get bs/dds. any similar ones out there? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

bulldog said:
a friend wanted to know what are the bs/dds programs out there? i think i read uop was 5 years to get bs/dds. any similar ones out there? thanks.

Marquette 7 years.

I think I read somewhere that there's a 7 year program at UMich. But you better have taken a lot of AP credits in the sciences and the arts beforehand.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts has a 7 year DMD/BS

UF has a 7 yr program (BS/DMD)

UMDNJ has a 7 year program with a number of colleges in New Jersey.

and if you're a sophmore they have an 8 year program that u can apply for as a soph.

dentwannabe said:
UMDNJ has a 7 year program with a number of colleges in New Jersey.

and if you're a sophmore they have an 8 year program that u can apply for as a soph.

I go to Rutgers and was under the impression that you can apply for the 7-year program with UMDNJ. Are you sure it's 8??

6 yrs program here at Case dental school

Temple has a bunch of them with schools in PA

This is from UPenn website

Accelerated programs leading to a combined bachelor's and a dental degree are offered through the following schools:

College of Arts and Sciences of the University of Pennsylvania
Hampton University (Hampton, VA)
Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA)
Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY)
Villanova University (Villanova, PA)
Xavier University (New Orleans, LA)
These programs enable qualified students to earn both their BS and DMD degrees in seven years. Admission is made through application to the participating undergraduate institution's admissions office.

bulldog said:
i think i read uop was 5 years to get bs/dds. .

Actually the 5-year program at UOP for students out of high school is for DDS only.. no BS degree.

They also have an option of doing 6-7years and getting a BA/BS too.. not that you really need it though if you can do the DDS without it and graduate sooner. :) But.. the more learn'ed the better. Right?

Adelphi University/Tufts University School of Dental Medicine-7 years
BSc/DMD