BS/DDS Program Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktquestions

Reaction score
Hi! To start out, I'm half African American and Japanese in a small American school in Japan. I'm in the process of looking for BS/DDS programs but I was wondering if I even have a chance to get into one of these programs.
Since I would be considered an international student, I understand my chances are even lower but here are my credentials until now. (Rising junior)

GPA- 3.75 UW 3.88 W
AP Japanese-5
(Planning to take)
AP Biology-2 :(
APUSH-3
AP Government-3
AP English Language & Composition-3
AP English Literature-3
AP Computer Science-4
AP Calculus-3

SAT- 1370

ECs
Chemistry Club Pres.
Founder/President of Medical Club
Service Club
Varsity XC (Champion)
National Honor Society
Student Council VP
Basketball Varsity

ECs outside of school
Shadowed dentist for 100+ hours
Work experience at a dental office
Work experience at an utility shop
Dental Summer Internship
Virtual Shadowing

I'm most interested in Howard University's BS/DDS Program (6 years)

Again, I am an international student, so I would have to be above and beyond other applicants, but based on those credentials do I have a good chance to get into Howard's program?

Thank you so much for reading this!! Any advice or insight would help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! To start out, I'm half African American and Japanese in a small American school in Japan. I'm in the process of looking for BS/DDS programs but I was wondering if I even have a chance to get into one of these programs.
Since I would be considered an international student, I understand my chances are even lower but here are my credentials until now. (Rising junior)

GPA- 3.75 UW 3.88 W
AP Japanese-5
(Planning to take)
AP Biology-2 :(
APUSH-3
AP Government-3
AP English Language & Composition-3
AP English Literature-3
AP Computer Science-4
AP Calculus-3

SAT- 1370

ECs
Chemistry Club Pres.
Founder/President of Medical Club
Service Club
Varsity XC (Champion)
National Honor Society
Student Council VP
Basketball Varsity

ECs outside of school
Shadowed dentist for 100+ hours
Work experience at a dental office
Work experience at an utility shop
Dental Summer Internship
Virtual Shadowing

I'm most interested in Howard University's BS/DDS Program (6 years)

Again, I am an international student, so I would have to be above and beyond other applicants, but based on those credentials do I have a good chance to get into Howard's program?

Thank you so much for reading this!! Any advice or insight would help!!!
You've been a rising junior for a year: BS/DDS Program
Somehow your SAT went from a 1510 in July 2021 to a 1370 this month: BS/DDS Program

Your questions here are the same as in your other threads. What exactly are you looking for?

You've been a rising junior for a year: BS/DDS Program
Somehow your SAT went from a 1510 in July 2021 to a 1370 this month: BS/DDS Program

Your questions here are the same as in your other threads. What exactly are you looking for?
Sorry! I'm having trouble with this forum page. I am currently a senior now and my last year's stats included a predicted score for the SAT. But now I changed it since I got a 1370 on a SAT :( Ultimately though, do I still have a chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry! I'm having trouble with this forum page. I am currently a senior now and my last year's stats included a predicted score for the SAT. But now I changed it since I got a 1370 on a SAT :( Ultimately though, do I still have a chance?
It seems like you meet the minimums but you have to apply and get accepted to Howard University before you can apply for the BS/DDS program, and it looks like the deadline is in 2 weeks... will you be able to apply and get letters of recs and your essays done by then? If yes, then it all depends on if you get accepted to the undergrad. If not, then no chance since you must apply as an early applicant to be considered for the dual program.

Source:

It seems like you meet the minimums but you have to apply and get accepted to Howard University before you can apply for the BS/DDS program, and it looks like the deadline is in 2 weeks... will you be able to apply and get letters of recs and your essays done by then? If yes, then it all depends on if you get accepted to the undergrad. If not, then no chance since you must apply as an early applicant to be considered for the dual program.

Source:
Yes! I am almost done with common app for Howard. Should I turn in my SAT scores since it is pretty low?

Yes! I am almost done with common app for Howard. Should I turn in my SAT scores since it is pretty low?
It's still above their minimums so yes. Apply and see if you get accepted to the undergrad program and if so, then apply to the combined program. Otherwise your chance is just 0.

It's still above their minimums so yes. Apply and see if you get accepted to the undergrad program and if so, then apply to the combined program. Otherwise your chance is just 0.
With these stats however, would you say I have a good chance of getting in?

Should I also include the fact that I am half Asian on my common app?

With these stats however, would you say I have a good chance of getting in?
I have no clue. Many of us here don't know a lot about combined programs, just about the traditional ones. You'd need to reach out to the program to see how many students they interview, how many they accept, what their averages are, etc. Being international and with the lower SAT as well as the low AP bio score makes your chances questionable, but again I have no idea what their application pool is like so I can't tell you if you have a good chance or not. You're really just going to have to apply and see.
Should I also include the fact that I am half Asian on my common app?
Yes? Your high school counselors would be better suited to give you advice on how to fill your common app out, pretty much everyone in this subforum is far removed from the undergrad application process.