BU hold pool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the acceptance rate from the BU hold pool is?

Members don't see this ad.

:clap: bump
same question

Originally posted by Megalofyia
Does anyone know what the acceptance rate from the BU hold pool is?

from what i understood, they accept a smaller number in the first round in January (i think maybe 1/3), and the majority (the other 2/3) of their class will come from the later acceptance date. so i think your chances are still pretty good--esp if you continue to show them that you are interested. dean witzburg definitely made it clear that they want students who want them back. i hope this helped a bit--good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your answer but I was actually hoping for something a little more concrete, like 50% chance sort of thing.

Thanks, I actually ment Boston University.

Oops... my bad. :D

EDIT: Deleted post. Creative interpretation of BU for UB. ;)

Man, BU admissions is tricky. Heres alot of text with no conclusive answers:

I'd assume that you're being considered for spots like everyone who interviewed from January onwards. So you effectively get a shot at the whole class. Whereas, I interviewed in early Jan and will only be considered this coming round.

Consider that BU interviews like 900 or so people and accepts 250 or so. (one in every three to four interviewees gets accepted). I wonder how many acceptances they need to give out to fill 1/3 of their class for pre-Jan interviewees. If they only give out one for every spot, then I'd say their acceptance rate should increase dramatically this round.

Therefore, your chances just got better. Unless they interviewed a ton more people this round. Then statistically your chances may have stayed the same.

If they are on top of their yield and know how many people will decline those January acceptances, then your chances are the same as they were before. They have to fill 2/3 of their class according to the information Dean Witzburg gave us, but 50 setas in the class go to combined programs at BU. So maybe its really only 1/3 of the class again up for grabs.

In any case i'd really like to go there and could live with a waitlist spot, they do have some movement.