BU interview - Can you expect to fly out the same day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sxr71

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if a 5:30 P.M. flight out would give me enough time to finish up at BU. Someone wrote that they wait until the end of the day to interview and that many require a 9:00 P.M. flight out. I guess I'll just spend an extra night if I have to (and hang out with the cool people that came to interview).

I'm going to be there March 9, so if anyone else is going to be there post here and we can hang out before or after or both.

Also, I would appreciate any advice on hotels around the school.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You will need to stay here at least an extra night, because most airlines won't be able to give you a good deal on a same-day round trip.

So, you can see which of the following options is better for you:

1. Extra night in Boston - saves you $$$ on your round-trip ticket, but will cost you extra $$$ on a hotel.

2. Call Delta airlines, they are the best same-day round trip deal between Columbus-Boston, they may not offer a good deal on that particular day.

Good Luck

^^^ Hey thanks for the info! I usually like to arrive the night before to get a little sightseeing done and to rest well before the interview. I usually get a hotel for 2 nights as that allows me a lot more flexibility with flights out and it gives me a chance to hang out with the people who interviewed that are staying back. But with a recent interview (NYU) I left the same day and it wasn't too bad. I was seeing if I could pull it off with the BU interview also.

Thanks for the info on Delta, I'll check them out. The good thing is that if they have high fares, the fares out of Dayton are only $160 (several airlines), so I'm covered that way. That is one good thing about Ohio, there are a lot of airports around here that have cheap fares even until the last minute like Dayton, and Akron-Canton regional airport.

I usually use priceline or hotwire for hotels so it isn't too bad. With Hotwire I can usually guess the hotel, but with priceline you get a hotel in the area you expect so it works well. I hate using priceline or hotwire for flights though, since you don't know when your flight is going to leave and because they don't seem to offer better deals than you can get off orbitz anymore.

Thanks for the response, and let me know if you're going to be in Ohio anytime.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should be able to catch the 5:30 flight out since the interview ends around 2 and the security at Logan is pretty lax.

You are right Pasha - Logan security can consume a lot of time - don't be suprised if they go through your shoes twice or more, especially if you are flying UNITED AIRLINES... since UNITED had the 9/11 flights from BOSTON. Their tickets are checked by computers just before boarding, and if you have middle-eastern name, then don't worry about their B.S. for secondary security checks.

sxr71

Well, Boston will be fun - and the experience should be good around this time of the year - the weather should be in the 40's hopefully when you get here... meaning more out-door time if you can squeeze it in. I will be back to Ohio in April, maybe sooner, but in any case I will get in touch.

Best,

Mo