BU INTERVIEW invitation 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maiya first fill in all forms in caapid.. then wait BU will send u e-mail a weeks later.
Then follow the e-mail..

Send BU official NBDE score directly from ADA and TOEFL.. That's all

No ECE and No transcript is required

oh but CAAPID requiers ECE... i believe they accept a copy of the report. call them n confirm.

BU requiers the official score report only if u are called for an IV. just pay them and wait for ur call.
all the best!

Members don't see this ad.

oh but CAAPID requiers ECE... i believe they accept a copy of the report. call them n confirm.

BU requiers the official score report only if u are called for an IV. just pay them and wait for ur call.
all the best!
thanx a lot for info and all the best for future
maiya

Hi All,

As anyone else got interview invitation recently ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got Application review or IV call recently?
Please post here along with ur stats
Thanks in advance and will be helpful to those who r waiting

Just received an email for application under review....

i have got a ndbe-1 86,GPA 3075 and toefl 105 , do any of you guys think i should apply to BU. i have got 10 years of work experiance n gulf actually still working came to the states on a visit and gave the exam.

I got application under review on 30 th oct but stil didnt recieve any call.Am i the only one in this situation? please elp...just worried

Dear didiamy,

There is no harm in giving a try it might cost you a few dollars though I suggest you give it a try. Good luck

hi minitooth123
did u receive invitation from boston as your application was under review. even i got my application under review a couple of days back and was wondering do they actually call candidates after this email and how many days does it take.

Now the wait continues....!!

Just received an email informing application under review....!!
The wait is going to kill us but as they say Patience pays

I got application under review on 30 th oct but stil didnt recieve any call.Am i the only one in this situation? please elp...just worried

i received a similar email on 22nd oct. and no interview call yet...:(
did any1 have to wait so long ?? now, i am not even sure if they will call me for an interview..

Members don't see this ad :)
Now the wait continues....!!

Just received an email informing application under review....!!
The wait is going to kill us but as they say Patience pays

hydentist

when did u apply I am also waiting for the email i have already paid the application fee they said they received but have not heard since then I am kind of getting worried

@ oldmirage

looking at the previous posts I guess there are other in the same boat unless they have some updated news from BU....I think BU reviews the applications on a repeated basis so need to wait and see...!!

@ dentalpal13

I had applied around Oct last week, got e-mail to pay the fee on Oct 30th, application completed on Nov 5th and got the application under review on 16th... hope it helps...!! I think your e-mail would be on the way...!!

Hey guys anybody out there who has received an interview call recently...coz i got an email stating application under review on last monday....just like lots of other aspiring international dentist who have posted on sdn....so any one who has received an interview in late oct/ early november and happens to read this post do let us all know...as we are anxiously awaiting the same....thanks in advance....and all the best to all everyone....:xf:

@ oldmirage

looking at the previous posts I guess there are other in the same boat unless they have some updated news from BU....I think BU reviews the applications on a repeated basis so need to wait and see...!!

@ dentalpal13

I had applied around Oct last week, got e-mail to pay the fee on Oct 30th, application completed on Nov 5th and got the application under review on 16th... hope it helps...!! I think your e-mail would be on the way...!!

hydentist

thank you for your good thought im waiting

@ All,

Below is the answer from Mr. Kahan at BU regarding the query about time frame

"Thank you for your e-mail. While I appreciate your desire to have a rough estimate of time for your application's review, I can not give you such a timeline. Once an applicant's file comes under active review, it will remain so from that time until there has been a change in status, which can range from a matter of days until several months.
I know that this answer does not give you that much clarity, but I want to make sure you understand that an application file may be reviewed a number of times over the course of several weeks, if not months, until a file has changed status."

hope this helps in making some of you relaxed...!!

Hahahaha....in short....they will keep us confused till next yr march, in hopes of getting an interview call......gudluck all!!!!

Patience..patience and more patience....

@ All,

Below is the answer from Mr. Kahan at BU regarding the query about time frame

"Thank you for your e-mail. While I appreciate your desire to have a rough estimate of time for your application's review, I can not give you such a timeline. Once an applicant's file comes under active review, it will remain so from that time until there has been a change in status, which can range from a matter of days until several months.
I know that this answer does not give you that much clarity, but I want to make sure you understand that an application file may be reviewed a number of times over the course of several weeks, if not months, until a file has changed status."

hope this helps in making some of you relaxed...!!

hi guys,

i just received an interview invitation for 21 jan today. am really happy about that cos have been hearing of only rejections without interviews. just for the updates i received an application under review email on 22 oct.
all the best to all of u waiting.

@ ortho14

Did you happen to change any of your stats after receiving the application under review e-mail ?

Maiya first fill in all forms in caapid.. then wait BU will send u e-mail a weeks later.
Then follow the e-mail..

Send BU official NBDE score directly from ADA and TOEFL.. That's all

No ECE and No transcript is required

thanx surefeel
all the best for future

hi guys...
new to this forum...
i received an under review email on october 15th... still havn't heard anything from them... i am getting very impatient and depressed...
fingers crossed :xf:.... god bless us!:scared:

@hydentist

i actually updated my stats on oct 15 and received the application under review e mail after that on oct 22. after that i have not updated my stats.

hi guys,

i just received an interview invitation for 21 jan today. am really happy about that cos have been hearing of only rejections without interviews. just for the updates i received an application under review email on 22 oct.

Hi ortho14,congratulations !!!
Can u plz post ur stats?

Hai ortho14,

Now your turn has arrived I bet you will be into the program just be positive and do your best you will be in the program. Good luck

@ possible

thanx a lot and u really have been an excellent motivator to everybody in this forum, pls keep this great work going it wil help of all of us and thanx again.

@thermoseal

thanx and i have posted my stats in the same thread on page 4 (the first post). all the best to u.

hi guys,

congrats 0th14,:love:
i am also a postgraduate .
partI-84
TOEFFEL-96
GPA-3.18
1 internationalPUBLICATION ,2 UNDER REVIEW
paper presentations
3-4 teaching exp
any chances for me should i file the application gav exam in ealy feb ....i am planning 2 retake
plz help..

@ash78
thanx.
ur resume seems to be really strong so that wil be a good boost to ur chances. but schools also need a good nbde score as well. so i think it is important for u to improve ur board score and apply as early as possible to the universities. some students have got in to diff uni with a score similar to yours, so its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.
you can p.m me if u have any queries am happy to help, all the best.

hi guys,

Congrats Ortho14, all the very best for ur interview.

I'm still waiting for the magic call.

I got my 'application under review' mail on Oct 28th and nothing since then....

Just got an interview on Jan 21st.
I confirmed it.
and I live 3 miles away from BU.
My stats are average.

I confirmed it.
My stats are average.

Congrats Gipsyking and all the very best.
Did you get ur IV mail today?

hi guys...
new to this forum...
I have received an under review email on November 13...... Hopes of getting an interview call ....good luck to all

Hai friend ortho14,

your interview date and your masters tells me that you have high chances relax and you will definitely make it. I have heard alot positive about bu for people with good stats + a good resume.good luck

@butchh

hi ur stats are really good u will definitely get a cal its just a matter of time. i can understand ur frustration but u wil surely hear soon. all the best.

@possible

thanx again and i hope it goes of well. as i always say hope is a good thing and it does good things to good people.

@gipsyking

congrats on ur interview cal and hope to see u on 21 jan.

@butchh

hi ur stats are really good u will definitely get a cal its just a matter of time. i can understand ur frustration but u wil surely hear soon. all the best.
hi ortho14 thanks for ur consoling words.my stats 92 nbde part 1,107 toefl,3.15 gpa,3 yrs experience from my home country.i applied to usc,ucla,michigan ,umn,bu,nyu,upenn.got interview only from usc.i m much depressed.i wish to improve my chance of admission atleast the next year.is there any chance to improve my gpa?i m on dependent visa is there any chance of getting any work experice in us?realy need help

hi ortho14 thanks for ur consoling words.my stats 92 nbde part 1,107 toefl,3.15 gpa,3 yrs experience from my home country.i applied to usc,ucla,michigan ,umn,bu,nyu,upenn.got interview only from usc.i m much depressed.i wish to improve my chance of admission atleast the next year.is there any chance to improve my gpa?i m on dependent visa is there any chance of getting any work experice in us?realy need help

hi butchh
i would suggest you to do some observership so that you can add it your resume cos here they do look for some kind work experience in the US and it will give you better chances for getting interviews so try to get in somewhere i believe you would be able get into some clinic if you try ur best ,hope this helps

@ butchh

Your stats look good and your GPA doesn't look that bad. It is just a matter of time b4 u hit the jackpot.... don't get depressed better is in store for you.... This is just the beginning of interview cycles @ BU, I know of people who got into BU as late as June...!! So do not loose hope.. Your battle doesn't end until you get a written letter from them...!!

Looks like there are no invitations today unless somebody forgot to post it...!!

Looks like there are no invitations today unless somebody forgot to post it...!!

Is it true that they will send the rejection letters when they are done with their interviews??

Thanks a lottttttt

I confirmed it.
My stats are average.

congrats for invitation,i just filled caapid form.
what else we should send to BU,plizz tell me
I really don;t have any idea
hope to get reply soon
maiya

all the best!

hi fren
I just filled my Caapid application and applied to Boston
I should pay the fee to boston now or I should wait for the mail from boston,plizz help

Dear maiya,

Now you dont have to do anything they will contact you and ask you to pay the fee u would get an email shortly and follow the instructions. Goodluck

Dear butchh,

You dont have to wait till next year you will definitely get it in bu this year for sure(90%) and by chance if it does not work there nyu is your back up. your gpa is excellent I know people with 2.3 gpa accepted in bu as far as bu is concerned you have a very strong chance, as some one sugessted find a dentist near you and observe. this will add up your resume. I see no reason why you should think of next year. the other universities you mentioned have less no of seats thats why people with good stats like you might be left out there. cheer up man if i were to get a 92 in part1 i would jump up to the sky. good luck with bu.