Program-Specific Info / Q's BU Interviews 18-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Husky19

Reaction score
Hello! I was just wondering if anyone currently in the BU OT program or anyone who has gone through the interview process there has any words of wisdom about the interview process? Is it a group interview or individual? I know it's only 15 minutes, so what kind of questions do they ask? Do they allow you time to ask questions as the end as well? And just overall, did you find it intimidating? The other 2 interviews I've been at, they made us as relaxed as possible and I actually enjoyed the process, so I hope to find something similar here! Let me know any advice for the interview! Thank you and good luck to everyone interviewing Friday!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a Skype interview with BU today and both interviewers were very nice! For me, it was an individual interview and I think there were 4 open ended questions, which gives a lot of freedom to decide which experiences to highlight. There were about 5 minutes for me to ask questions at the end. Good luck, you'll do great! Also I completely forgot to ask them when we'd hear back about the final decisions, so if you find that out on your visit would you mind letting me know?

First off congrats on getting an interview! I interviewed at BU last year. It is an individual interview and there will be two OT faculty memebers in the room (or through Skype) interviewing you. I honestly thought it was a bit intimidating because I was with the chair of the department which made me a bit more nervous. They asked me 4 or 5 questions which allowed me a few minutes at the end to ask questions. Obviously know what OT is and why you want to pursue it but also come with a list of your strengths and weakness, even if they don't ask about it directly I found it helpful to have these in the back of my mind. Last year we found out by the end of December if we were accepted or deferred to regular admission. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a Skype interview with BU today and both interviewers were very nice! For me, it was an individual interview and I think there were 4 open ended questions, which gives a lot of freedom to decide which experiences to highlight. There were about 5 minutes for me to ask questions at the end. Good luck, you'll do great! Also I completely forgot to ask them when we'd hear back about the final decisions, so if you find that out on your visit would you mind letting me know?
Thanks for the insight! And I will let you know if I find out!

First off congrats on getting an interview! I interviewed at BU last year. It is an individual interview and there will be two OT faculty memebers in the room (or through Skype) interviewing you. I honestly thought it was a bit intimidating because I was with the chair of the department which made me a bit more nervous. They asked me 4 or 5 questions which allowed me a few minutes at the end to ask questions. Obviously know what OT is and why you want to pursue it but also come with a list of your strengths and weakness, even if they don't ask about it directly I found it helpful to have these in the back of my mind. Last year we found out by the end of December if we were accepted or deferred to regular admission. Best of luck!
Thank you that was very helpful!

What were everyone's thoughts on BU yesterday? It seems like a really research focused program and I wasn't really impressed by their info sessions. I was also surprised they didn't have any simulation labs or anything. Did anyone else feel this way?

Reactions: 1 users
What were everyone's thoughts on BU yesterday? It seems like a really research focused program and I wasn't really impressed by their info sessions. I was also surprised they didn't have any simulation labs or anything. Did anyone else feel this way?
wait SAME! I dont understand how they are the #1 school and I was honestly very disappointed with their lack of resources. I also didnt really like the interview process; mine was pretty intimidating, with questions just fired at me, but I know other people had different experiences. But, yeah overall, not very impressed with the program

I'm glad someone else felt the same! I agree I'm confused why they are #1. My interview was good but I felt the same, the questions were fired at me and they went really quick, I had a ton of time left so I had to keep asking questions. I just felt like they didn't give us any information or tell us what their process was like, and every other school I've been to did

That's really helpful to know! They didn't make the info sessions available to the Skype interviewers. What were some of the things they highlighted? Was the student panel helpful?

All of the info sessions were about their research labs. They had the professors and whatever students worked in the labs talk about what kind of research they did and their jobs there, and then people asked questions. They didn't have a student panel it was more informal, there was a room that was open throughout the day and students came in and you could ask them questions. It was helpful to get to talk to them but all the students who were there were mainly involved in research, so they didn't have a wide variety of students who could answer questions about other things

I'm glad someone else felt the same! I agree I'm confused why they are #1. My interview was good but I felt the same, the questions were fired at me and they went really quick, I had a ton of time left so I had to keep asking questions. I just felt like they didn't give us any information or tell us what their process was like, and every other school I've been to did

wait same what questions did they ask you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi all,

I applied to BU in October of 2018 and received an email in December inviting me to take the next step of my application. I filled out the supplemental application and submitted that the same day it was received. It's now mid January and I have not heard anything. Does anyone of have a similar experience or already has an interview scheduled?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I applied to BU in October of 2018 and received an email in December inviting me to take the next step of my application. I filled out the supplemental application and submitted that the same day it was received. It's now mid January and I have not heard anything. Does anyone of have a similar experience or already has an interview scheduled?

Thanks!
Same exact situation here! I think I read that interview invitations should be sent out in mid to late January for February, and then final decisions in March? Not 100% sure though.

Same exact situation here! I think I read that interview invitations should be sent out in mid to late January for February, and then final decisions in March? Not 100% sure though.

I think you're right! I forgot about the group who applied before the September deadline, who had interviews in December. I just need to be more patient :) Good luck!