BU MAMS letters of rec question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chitown2011

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation for the BU MAMS. I had my professors write me a general letter of rec for a master's program and then submit it to my undergraduate pre-med committee office. I was just going to have the letters sent from my school to BU. However, it appear that they require recommenders to fill out a special form for paper applications. Is this true? Can I not just submit a generic letter of rec (coming from my university on official letter head and all that) without the special form?? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, I'm used to reddit response time. Well, I didn't have time to go through the whole BU thread to see if it was discussed. I did do several searches for threads about it and found one from back in 2006. Not a very good answer though. anyone else?
 
Mine were med school LORs and came from my premed office on official letterhead. I don't remember having anyone fill out a form. Email or call the MAMS office people, they'll be able to clear up anything. Calling would be the quickest.
 
If anything, call the Office of Graduate Medical Education, but you should be able to send in the letters on official letterhead. When I was applying to the BU MAMS program, I used the letters from my premed office file and didn't have any trouble.