BU Med interview quest...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigRedStress

AMEX Black
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I GOT INVITED!

But my main quesiton is, how many people get accepted POST interview? Like around 40-50? I hope so. Also they interview from oct - jan i think and i got invited for oct. im taking this as a good sign as im a strong applicant to them? i need verification.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yo Big Red,
I got an invite too and I hope we are all strong applicants! I will be there the 24th of October, when did you sign up for?
-CT

damn....i applied months ago and i haven't even gotten a secondary from them yet!

how long after you submitted amcas did you get the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
saiyagirl--

BU has not secondary. But you should get a letter requesting the application fee, a photo, and info about letters of rec. Then after that's in, you should get a postcard confirming that your application is complete.

BigRedStree--

According to the 2003-04 MSAR, there were 30 in-staters who matriculated out of 161 interviews, and 124 out-of-staters who matriculated out of 802 interviews, for a total of 154/963.

thanks for the stats! but matriculated is always lower than the number accepted.... does anyone know that?

haha...thank you for the info...i can't believe i didn't know that!!!

feeling sheepish :)

according to usnews,

total: 8770 apply, 963 interview, 319 accepted, 154 enrolled
in-state: 566 app, 161 int, 79 acc, 30 enrolled
out: 8204, 802, 240, 124

so it looks like you've got at least a 33% chance, maybe more because it's an early interview.

i'll be there on the ninth.