Find peers to practice med schools interviews?

Started by Colin_1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Colin_1

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I’m curious—how do you find people to practice interviews with besides classmates? My friends and I just created a Discord server where people can connect and practice together. You’re more than welcome to join, support each other, and grow! Join the North America Medicine Interviews Help 2024-25 Discord Server!

If you have any other suggestions or alternatives, please share—I’d really appreciate it!
 
I just practiced with my wife. Handed her the SDN interview feedback page and she hammered away questions.

Edit: My wife has no medical background btw
 
You are not the first person to offer a Discord/private chat room for interview prep. As long as you offer it as a free service here, you get whoever you get. Career services offices work much better and have some cooler technologies that can assess your interview answers, so don't forget to use them if you have access.

I offer interview prep for those enrolled in Becoming a Student Doctor. I have hosted group mock interviews before too.

Some questions work well with peer circles for interview practice. You should at least know the usual "tell me about yourself" and "strengths/weaknesses" questions. However, "Why our school?" and "What questions do you have for us?" don't go well here. I also warn you that interview peer circles can also be bad places to form habits or take on bad tips.

The major areas to work on are your vocal tone and your physical communication. The goal is to be professional and polished, though some minor slip-ups won't doom you. You just have convince the interviewers you aren't a psycho killer.

psycho killer 80s GIF