BU round 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingcer0x

Re-Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do people who are still waiting on BU expect to hear? They said that notifications will come out around March 1 but do you think we can find out sooner?

Members don't see this ad.

BU will notify applicants around March 10th. I like BU. But if given the chance to attend a comparable medical school any applicant would be wise to do so. Yes, they are 36,000 a years, that's expensive, but so aren't many other schools that price. But the difference is that housing around BU is 2,000 or more, yes more for a one bedroom. So, if you add that into the price. BU Is too expensive.

I've already decided that I won't be attending BU. I'm from NYC, so I'm planning to return. BU should be your backup program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, lets just say money won't be an issue... pending the outcome of my HPSP application.

I live in Boston currently and went to BU for undergrad. Theres a tremendous amount of research going on there. It would be great to return in my opinion...

I can see why some people would consider it a backup school, but honestly I think that the exposure you get learning medicine in an urban environment, plus all the research funding, means that even the super motivated academic types would be happy learning medicine there. The cost is high but when you think about it, the NYC schools may be a bit cheaper in tuition, but it costs an arm and a leg to live in manhattan. There are neighborhoods in Boston that are cheaper than the south end, i pay 400/month right now for a room in a 3 bed. The housing market bottomed out this year.

Thats just my opinion though.

I'm eagerly awaiting mid-march. I think it's safe to assume that we'll hear by March 15th.

thanks for the info. i was wondering when we would find out. good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear!