BU, Stony brook or UConn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G. I. Joseph

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which would you choose?

Members don't see this ad.

i would consider suny stony brook for cheaper tuition. But Boston U has far better residensy placement and better location (boston is nicer). Also i'd like to practice medecine in the NE, so boston u is better for that purpose too. Other schools i'd really like are U Rochester, Vermont, and Darmouth. And all of them, except for dartmouth are less selective than stony brook.

and Darmouth and Vermont have by far the best locations for studying, but one is much more selective than the other. though vermont is also pretty good at residensy matching. But if you don't plan to be in NE, Boston U, NYU, and Chicago are probably much more reputable.

Thanks! Does anyone know anything about UConn? I liked the place when I interviewed there. It seemed to have attracted some weaker students though and I felt that it wasnt a very intellectually stimulating place. However, the people there were really nice. I hated BU when I visited it; the school seemed to run like a buisness. Stony Brook was really nice and warm and their match lists were not bad at all.
Loved NYU and I really hope I get in!!!