BU vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NYU because they actually let you do endo on a real patient

Go where you feel you will be the most comfortable/ successful. We both know the threads on BU are really not relevant anymore and I also got the vibe that BU is close-knit and has a family feel to it. I personally couldn't see myself studying in NYU which is why i never applied there until late November when I went into panic mode. The nice thing about the HPSP is there is no pressure to produce and you get to focus on learning dentistry with zero financial undertones unlike the corporate dentistry model most will have to resort to when they go to schools like NYU and Boston.

Members don't see this ad :)

Not sure why you would say he is a troll.

If you're going the military route I don't think clinically it'll matter as much. The experience in an AEGD/GPR and than during repayment will be a great atmosphere to learn and improve things that you are both good and bad at. So even if BU clinically does blow as everyone says or doesn't say, it won't matter because the Army and residency will help fill that gap. Ultimately go where you'll be the happiest for four years.

I liked NYU's facilities better. I felt kinda claustrophobic as the ceilings kept getting lower on higher floors at BU

I would go to to NYU if I were you, honestly.

I'm in the same dilemma, could you guys elaborate on why NYU over BU? or BU over NYU?and money isn't an issue...

BU. Has a smaller class. Seems to have cleaned up its clinic problems. Not sure the same is true for NYU.

My not-even 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.