BU vs USC???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovekitkat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got into BU. I put my deposit down for USC. I did undergrad at UCLA, so I have been in LA for four years already. Change would be good.... anyone have opinions of Boston and BU versus LA and USC?

Input would be great. Thanks!!!! =)

Either way, I am honored and humbled to be accepted at two great schools... the application process really was a huge blow to my minor ego.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got into BU. I put my deposit down for USC. I did undergrad at UCLA, so I have been in LA for four years already. Change would be good.... anyone have opinions of Boston and BU versus LA and USC?

How do you propose we make this comparison? I don't know any one in our class at BU who've transferred from USC.

Just go to BU. USC is PBL, it... takes work. BU is easy. You can sleep and cruise through. DMD = DMD = ... yeah you get the point. School is stressful enough, why go to a PBL scho0l and do lots of work? Just ask Cold Front.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes we all have braces too... for free. At BU that is.

Is BU's curriculum really easier than USC????

I thought USC was chill because of PBL. There is not any class. Given, you have to teach yourself.

How are the classes at BU? I forgot if you take it with the med students.

How is the weather right now? Is it humid? Are people nice and friendly there like LA? Are the guys cute? haha. Compare everything I guess.....

I think I should go back to BU to take a look around perhaps. I don't really remember it from the interview.

Curriculum is same wherever you go because it's all stemming from ADA requirement.

However, do you want the information handed to you on a silver platter? Or do you want to chase it down on Wiki and in the library? Here at BU, we don't need books ~ it's all on power points and handouts.

We don't have any classes with med students. Everything is dumbed down from the med students' curriculum.

Weather is nasty.

People are from all over the place here at BU dental ~ however the school itself is situated in low ses area. But look, everyone that have replied so far are from BU - so we're nicer than the people from USC.

Where do people practice after BU??? ARe there connections in Cali? I want to come back to Cali to practice.

I am interested in specializing too. Do you know if a lot of BU Graduates go on to specialize?

Perhaps because I put BU vs USC more people replied. I should try putting USC VS BU and see what happens.

i am thinking of flying out to boston tomorrow to check out the campus again etc and staying until friday. Would anyone be willing to house me? I can sleep on the couch.

I am a normal to be dental student ;)

(Female, 23, Asian, Polite, Courteous, Respectful, Clean + I will not be in your apt, I will be out and about checking out BU and the area most of the day)

i am thinking of flying out to boston tomorrow to check out the campus again etc and staying until friday. Would anyone be willing to house me? I can sleep on the couch.

I am a normal to be dental student ;)

(Female, 23, Asian, Polite, Courteous, Respectful, Clean + I will not be in your apt, I will be out and about checking out BU and the area most of the day)

If you're hot, we might be willing to house you ~ cause we're really nice like that.

Where do people practice after BU??? ARe there connections in Cali? I want to come back to Cali to practice.

I am interested in specializing too. Do you know if a lot of BU Graduates go on to specialize?

There are no connections in Cali ~ however, we do host the WREB here, as well as NERB. So you CAN go back to Cali to practice.

A lot of BU graduates may go on to specialize, but in fact, I don't really know what they go on to do. There is one thing I do know though, and that's they went to do something dentistry related.

Seasons in Boston......

Could you let me know when and about which months each season lasts??

I want to make sure I am not freezing my a$$ off for a majority of the year. Thanks!

Seasons in Boston......

Could you let me know when and about which months each season lasts??

I want to make sure I am not freezing my a$$ off for a majority of the year. Thanks!

The weather in Boston is pretty terrible. It is cold most of the year, and the rest it is so humid it's disgusting. :) I hated the weather, and I would never go back.

All you had to say was asian female. If only I wasn't on APEX in Fl!

are students at BU happy?

Apparently, 1st and 2nd years are. 3rd and 4th years...not so much. Every year, you see different opinions on SDN. Some people are having a good time at BU; others are absolutely hating it.

Curriculum at both schools will be tough, depending on how you manage it. PBL sucks, at least for me.
Weather in Boston is not pleasant! Cali has better weather.

I would choose BU over USC.