Buffalo, and after school..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just something I am curious about. Let's say I get accepted to Buffalo and go there. I want to work in say NYC. How will I be able to find a job here? Wouldn't it be better to go to NYU or something since most likely you will make connections with doctors who practice in the area? As opposed to buffalo I doubt any doctors from NYC go to buffalo.

Will it be hard for me to find a job in NYS? and to get into an AEGD residency (since thats mendatory to practice in NYS now)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

JohnDoeDDS said:
Just something I am curious about. Let's say I get accepted to Buffalo and go there. I want to work in say NYC. How will I be able to find a job here? Wouldn't it be better to go to NYU or something since most likely you will make connections with doctors who practice in the area? As opposed to buffalo I doubt any doctors from NYC go to buffalo.

Will it be hard for me to find a job in NYS? and to get into an AEGD residency (since thats mendatory to practice in NYS now)? Thanks.

I'm sure you can go to NYC, though most buffalo grads probably stay in western ny, many of them might go to the city to practice. As for the AEGD, there are quite a few programs out there especially with this new NY law. And many, many of the gpr programs are in NYC. if you go to one of those, you will network more with dentists in that area and that might help you in the future.

You will be fine, don't sweat it.