buffalo interview and snow! help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catchmehere44

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I have an interview in Buffalo on Dec 1 and according to the weather forecast they are expecting snow that day.
Any pointers on how to dress for that kind of weather? I will be taking the shuttle from Univeristy Inn and dont want to get to my interview looking shabby. Hat? Boots? Scarf?
Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

catchmehere44 said:
Hey guys!
I have an interview in Buffalo on Dec 1 and according to the weather forecast they are expecting snow that day.
Any pointers on how to dress for that kind of weather? I will be taking the shuttle from Univeristy Inn and dont want to get to my interview looking shabby. Hat? Boots? Scarf?
Any help is appreciated!

any advice would help!

Just bundle up in your regular winter wardrobe (unless youre from Texas ;)). I'd say gloves, thick jacket, scarf, and a hat. Make sure you give yourself some extra time in case your flight is delayed and also get to the school early as well. Maybe bring some comfy shoes to wear that wont slip on the snow/ice. You could always change into your nicer shoes once you get to the school. OH and bring an umbrella as well. That's all I can think of. But then again, I'm from Texas, I might have forgotten something. :D

*edit* oh yeah, and good luck on your interview :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Or...you could just donate your Buffalo interview to me. No sense in dealing with all that snow :D Good luck, it's a great school! :)

If it's snowing, don't bring an umbrella!! I'm a true New England girl, and that's the last thing you want, unless it's doing that weird sleeting/slushing thing, or raining of course. (It's just cumbersome and snow gets everywhere, so it's no use holding something above you).

If possible, wear a dark-colored winter coat, just to help with the professional look, but the important thing is to keep WARM and DRY. So it's okay if you look rediculous; everyone else will, and you take your stuff off immediately and then everyone looks fine in their suits :)

Important to keep in mind: make sure your feet stay dry. Walking around in cold, wet shoes is sooo uncomfortable, especially for a whole day. Bring an extra pair of socks or make sure you have GOOD, watertight boots and then bring your dress shoes on the side. And make sure your head is covered, because you'll feel a whole lot warmer.

Good luck! :) Enjoy the snow! :) My grandparents never moved to Florida because once you've been through these winters for a few generations, they become a part of you!!

thank you for the replies!
You guys rock!
i am from Texas. lol
i'm excited ... wish me luck

catchmehere44 said:
thank you for the replies!
You guys rock!
i am from Texas. lol
i'm excited ... wish me luck

you'll be spending most of your time inside during your interview so i wouldn't worry about it too much. the only time you'd be outside would be during the tour after the interview so you don't have to worry about not looking good. just wear your suit and an overcoat and you'll be fine

does anyone else have an interview at buffalo later in december?

why oh why haven't I heard from Buffalo :( I guess they don't need my Canadian a$$ :D

NA4242 said:
When did you apply?

They got my AADSAS sept. 29. The funny thing is that they told me that the adcom reviewed my app and decided to review it again instead of offering me an interview. They told me that I was very competitive so it's not cuz of my GPA or DAT but rather because they have a lot of applicants and they prefer NY state, then out of state and then internationals...I was like, i'm an hour drive away from you :rolleyes: Anyways, they said that my app WOULD be looked at again in a 3-4 weeks.

I was thinking that maybe there was something in my app that they didn't like, maybe I was missing something - I don't know. But then I got invites from UPenn and Harvard and I know for a fact that these schools, esp. Harvard invites people based on more than just numbers so I guess it really is cuz I'm Canadian. Who knows. All I'm gonna say is whether they chose to interview me or not, I still think they have a great school and I would love to go there. :thumbup:

I would actually recommend bringing an umbrella if it is snowing because you dont want to have your hair all wet and nasty after you get there.. so that way, you'll be prepared for whatever kind of precipitation taht comes your way.