Buffalo interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funmacy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone was there last Saturday? Did they ask tough questions and essay topic? How many people were interviewed for one section? Thank you so much for any input!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was there. There were about 13 of us. Two interviews with faculty. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, questions were pretty straight forward. Are you interviewing soon?

Thank you, grincheola. Yes, I am going to the interview on Feb 10th. Do they require essay writing during interview??? By the way, How soon will they let you know the decision after the interview??

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a writing topic, everyone got something different. It was really easy, no sweat. I haven't heard yet but they said about one to two weeks. I hope I hear soon. Good luck on your interview. Let me know if you have anymore questions. :luck:

I just emailed them to ask how they notify the candidates of their admission decision and they said they will notify us through email and regular mail. Just another tid bit of info I thought you would like to know.

Thank you, grincheola. That is really nice of you. Do you like the school? I wish my interview would go well. I am just a bit nervous about the writing. For interview questions, I should not have big problems since I am preparing.
Which school are you going to choose?

I'm not really sure which school I'll go to. I have an interview with St. John Fisher in a week so it's pretty much between Buffalo and St. John Fisher. I got into MCPHS-Boston but I would have to take three classes this summer in order to go there, so that's my last choice. At least I'm in somewhere though.

The school is pretty old so all the facilities are from like the 50's. They are moving the school to south campus in three years and renovating some of the rooms in the current school. Most of the faculty was nice, some of them were odd though, and seemed like they didn't want to be there.

One interview question that stands out in my mind was "Tell me an instance in which you had to get information from someone and how you did it" Or something like that. She said as a pharmacist it is very important to know how to get information from someone. It kinda threw me off but I think I answered it pretty well. You should be fine. Let me know how it turns out. Where else are you applying?

Hmm. Was anyone else there on Saturday? I was!

I think it was a very stress-free interview. It really depends on what interviewer you get...I didn't get any of the standard interview questions like "What are your strengths and weaknesses." The hardest question I got was..."What kinda professions do you think you can go into with a Pharm.D.?" Most of the interview was just a conversation about Buffalo's cultural life, lol. My interviewer made Buffalo sound pretty fun! I hope I get in.

You only get 20 minutes for the essay... Don't worry. It wasn't anything difficult like, argue some kinda political point. It was really general.

i had this misconception that everyone's on SDN and was surprised that only one person responded from our group. :confused:

sheesh, that was sorta mean, whatev! which one were you so we can hate each other if we ever meet? lol ;) were you the windburned red dude? the one who brought his fiancee? one of the 3 asian girls in black suits? international student from nigeria? girl who wore a sweater and not a suit? i know you're not friendly-canadian-girl cuz you're from upstate. where'd you sit in the beginning? i was the asian girl with the marshmallow-esque down coat on the tour.

haha, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude, even though it came off as rude. I thought you were being sarcastic because I was the only one responding to this post.

I can't believe you could profile everyone like that! I was definitely not paying that much attention to everyone, although it was a very mixed group.

The school is pretty old so all the facilities are from like the 50's. They are moving the school to south campus in three years and renovating some of the rooms in the current school. Most of the faculty was nice, some of them were odd though, and seemed like they didn't want to be there.

that's what they have been saying for the past ten years. goodluck with that but to tell u the truth, south campus is a dump, u dont want to be there. i definitely love north campus a lot better.
i like almost all the faculty there except for this one guy and will never forget how nasty of a person he is.

anyways, goodluck with everything :luck: & buffalo is definitely the right choice if u r a ny state resident :thumbup:

and whats up with the orange paint everywhere, elevators, rails..I liked the school nevertheless.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyways, goodluck with everything :luck: & buffalo is definitely the right choice if u r a ny state resident :thumbup:

thanx! and good luck to everyone who was there.

I have heard from a friend that Buffalo used to not interview all applicants before giving out admission. Have they changed the policy this year?

I have heard from a friend that Buffalo used to not interview all applicants before giving out admission. Have they changed the policy this year?

Last year was the first year they required all applicants to interview before they could be accepted.

Hey guys. I was at Buffalo on the 27th to interview. There were 9 people there. It defnitely wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be. I am just really anxious to hear from them, I really want to go there. I am orginally from Buffalo and I know the area. I did feel bad for the interviewees there with me that don't know the Buffalo area, because the weather was horrible and the school looked very dumpy. Our tour guide said that the building is suppose to be shaped like a double helix - so that explains its confusing floor plan - but it doesn't explain the orange walls, lol.

So good luck to everyone who interviewed and to those that are going to interview there soon. Don't stress, it was really low key and the people were really nice.

Good luck tate, looks like they are getting a lower turnout for interviews than they were expecting. That can only be good news for the interviwees( higher changes of getting a seat).

Grincheola...they said they would get back to the jan 20th intervewees in a week or two, right? Coz i am expecting an email any time now...

Good luck everyone

Grincheola...they said they would get back to the jan 20th intervewees in a week or two, right? Coz i am expecting an email any time now...

Good luck everyone

Yea, I am really anxious. We should hear something any day now. I hate all this waiting!! Good luck, post when you hear something if you want. :luck:

When I was there I remember the Admin director saying the really impressive candidates MIGHT hear from the school within a week or two. But it did not sound like a firm policy to me.

They are sending out letters either today or tomorrow, and we'll get emails too.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:luck: :luck: :luck: everyone!

I was accepted at UB today! Got the email an hour ago.

I was accepted at UB today! Got the email an hour ago.

Congrats!!!!!!! I'm so worried I didn't get in now because they probably email all the people who got in at the same time and I didn't get an email. :scared:

That's awesome, I'm so happy for you, is UB your first choice?

That's awesome, I'm so happy for you, is UB your first choice?

I really like the UB program. However, I haven't finished visiting schools and interviewing. I will wait for all acceptance and rejection letters to come in before deciding.

just did not understand what sooz meant with all those exclamation marks..he he
still awaiting..

haha!!! sorry, i'm so un-understandable sometimes. they mean i'm excited!!! congrats futuredruggist!

i didn't get the email either =(.... i hope there's still a chance.

guys..relax, atleast for another 4 or 5 days. Everything was not mailed out this week ( acceptances, waitlists, rejections) and they will do so early next week. Sources solid.

...Not unless she was just wishing me a happy weekend by withholding the news, smartie.

guys..relax, atleast for another 4 or 5 days. Everything was not mailed out this week ( acceptances, waitlists, rejections) and they will do so early next week. Sources solid.

...Not unless she was just wishing me a happy weekend by withholding the news, smartie.

Thank you! :)

i'm going to buffalo! got the email today at 3:30. i'm happy!!!!

I got in too! I cannot believe it! I got the email at 3:48 today!

congratulations guys, that is awesome :thumbup: !!!!!!!!! Buffalo is a great school.

I know it's hard to admit, but did anyone get rejected or wait-listed yet? I'm still waiting:(

not a word yet either..

If you don't mind me asking what are the stats of those who got accepted?

GPA:3.9
PCAT: 86
getting my BS this May
No pharm experience
UB really tried my patiece..the wait was gruelling:mad:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool that you got in! How did they let you know, through email?

Thanks Grincheola, if you havent heard anything, just hang in there..as far as I know the delay meant that the application was still under review and the "final" decision was not made yet. All January 20th interviewees should hear something by the end of next week

Sooz I am going!..so see you there in the fall!
and yes, they notified me through email at 12pm today.

BS in Biology minor in Chemistry
GPA 3.76
PCAT composite 96
about 2 months pharmacy experience

I've been working the past two years in a clinical cytogenetics lab. So this is a little different for me. This is my third year applying to pharmacy school. I applied 2 years to the University at South Carolina and then this year to UB. I am so excited to go to UB b/c it is a much better school than USC.

To everyone who is waiting, try not to stress out so much. You were good enough to get an interview and it doesn't seem as if they are interviewing many people. I interviewed on the 27th and there were only 9 people there. I understand that the later interview dates will have more interviewees but they accept about 120 people. You have already passed the first step. Have faith!

BS in Biology minor in Chemistry
GPA 3.76
PCAT composite 96
about 2 months pharmacy experience

I've been working the past two years in a clinical cytogenetics lab. So this is a little different for me. This is my third year applying to pharmacy school. I applied 2 years to the University at South Carolina and then this year to UB. I am so excited to go to UB b/c it is a much better school than USC.

To everyone who is waiting, try not to stress out so much. You were good enough to get an interview and it doesn't seem as if they are interviewing many people. I interviewed on the 27th and there were only 9 people there. I understand that the later interview dates will have more interviewees but they accept about 120 people. You have already passed the first step. Have faith!

Thanks.

when did you guys apply to UB? I submitted my application some time around December, and I haven't heard anything yet...am i being too impatient? or am i not as competitive as an applicant? after reading some postings of UB acceptances, i have to say that i am feeling slightly discouraged...

oh, by which manner did UB contact you guys for interview? phone? snail-mail? email?

i saw in the interview thread that someone just got a buffalo interview recently, so don't lose hope! i submitted my pharmcas in august and got an interview invite (via email) in december... you might have to wait a little longer since you submitted in december.

when did you guys apply to UB? I submitted my application some time around December, and I haven't heard anything yet...am i being too impatient? or am i not as competitive as an applicant? after reading some postings of UB acceptances, i have to say that i am feeling slightly discouraged...

oh, by which manner did UB contact you guys for interview? phone? snail-mail? email?