Buffalo interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
aw thanks sooz. your answer was quite reassuring :) i am not feeling as discouraged now. now i will wait for a response from UB (crossing my fingers)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent heard a thing from UB. Apparently PharmCAS lost my academic update and I talked to UB and they said they won't review my application until that comes in :mad::mad::mad:. Stupid PharmCAS. This hurts because I submitted UB in September because it is my top choice

At least you weren't denied. Don't worry about it, there is still a great chance you will get in.

At least you weren't denied. Don't worry about it, there is still a great chance you will get in.

Thank you. I still have hope I'll get into St. John Fisher, and if not, then I have MCPHS-Boston to fall back on.

Thank you. I still have hope I'll get into St. John Fisher, and if not, then I have MCPHS-Boston to fall back on.

I looked into St John Fisher - I was real interested b/c it is affiliated with Wegmans. That is such a great company to work for. However I didn't apply b/c I would have had to take more pre-req classes and since it is private, it is much more expensive there.

Yeah i just got one. So keep up your hope. I didnt expect to get one.

wait-listed :(

I know that must be frustrating, but keep your head up...although pharmcas has made applying to schools easier, this also means that a lot of top students are accepted at a number of instutions and will have to give up seats for their choice schools. This should open up some seats.

did they tell you where on the waitlist you stand? (upper, middle, bottom)
Like u said, at least u got MCPH to fall back on.

did they tell you where on the waitlist you stand? (upper, middle, bottom)
Like u said, at least u got MCPH to fall back on.

Thanx eightball. They didn't tell me where I stand, but they did say that I would hear something in late April regarding any seats being open. At least I know their decision, the waiting was really getting to me.

Just out of curiosity, when did you guys submit your application to UB? Do they notify you only if you get an invitation invite, or do you get a notice when you application is reviewed? I just want to figure out how much longer I should wait before I start worrying about my application status.

Just out of curiosity, when did you guys submit your application to UB? Do they notify you only if you get an invitation invite, or do you get a notice when you application is reviewed? I just want to figure out how much longer I should wait before I start worrying about my application status.

Once you submit your application on pharmcas you have to wait for pharmcas to send the paper application to UB. Once UB receives it you have to pay your supplemental fee online and fill out the application that goes along with it. So pharmcas sent in my application on Dec 22nd and I got an email from UB on the 26th saying they got my application and how to go about paying the supplemental fee. I paid my fee on the 26th and I got an email from UB on the 27th saying they received my supplemental fee/application. Then I got an email on Jan 2nd for an offer for an interview. So it all happened pretty fast. BUT when I went to my interview on Jan 27th the admission committee did say they are going to be swamped because the deadline was Feb 2nd and there would be a lot for them to do. So I wouldn't be surprised if everything is delayed b/c of the influx of applications. Either way, I got a confirmation email basically after every step. So if you haven't heard anything I would call them up, it couldn't hurt. Just don't be too demanding, you don't want them to get annoyed either.

Hope I helped.

Anymore interview dates for this school yet. Please keep us all informed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys
I was interviewed on 02/10/07
i got an email today that i got in (to UB).

PCAT 66
CUM GPA 3.4
Science GPA 3.7
B.S in molecular and cellbio in may

Im surprised i got in with my PCAT score since everyone at the interview scored in the 80s and 90s.

Hi Fidodido123,
I was at the interview on Feb 10 and I just got my acceptance email today too.
Congrats!

Congrats, Fido and Isopod. Just wondering, when did you guys submit your applications? When did you receive your interview invites? Are you guys NY state applicants?

I submitted my PharmCAS application in early January and the supplemental in mid-January. They invited me for an interview about a week after I submitted my supplemental. I chose the Feb. 10th interview date. They sent an email letter of acceptance on Feb 19th. I was really surprised since I am an out of state applicant (although I was born and partially raised in NY).

The school got my pharmcas application on 12/26/2006 , got an offer for interview 01/19/2007.
I am an out of state applicant. I did not expect to get in with my stats, but i rocked the interview.

Congrats to you too IsoPod. I dont know if i am going to end up going to UB though:oops:.
I wanna stay closer to home (Connecticut), but im still sending the deposit in to reserve my seat.

Good luck to everyone.

Any updates on interview invites? Some of your interviews were held on dates that were not noted on the UB page. According to this website, the earliest held interview date was on 2/24. Does anyone know where UB is at in terms of their interview rounds (2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc)? Since they are operating on a rolling basis, how many more seats do they still have remaining?

Thanks!

Following are the interview day choices that the Pharmcas applicants got.

January 20th
January 27th
February 10th
February 24th
March 10th
March 24th
April 14th

Early assurance interviews were

November 18, 2006
December 9, 2006

Hope that answers ur question.

I can't believe it but I got into the University at Buffalo today. I am literally shocked.

congrats!!! I wish i could just decide already and goto UB :(

I have a tough decision too. But I'm not going it tonight, too shocked.

for my sake, i'm hoping you all decline ... but it is a great school, so i wouldn't blaming you for going ...