buffalo interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pha27531

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone with december buffalo interview?

Members don't see this ad.

i got a email today and i confirmed interview for this friday....but i am not going to receive the packet they send in time....can anyone tell me what's in it??

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview confirmation by email too. They told me to call and set an interview date. I'm so nervous too. Can anyone explain the interview process at buffalo?

im in the same situation as swati, got the e-mail today and booked for this friday.. (see you then :p)

My AADSAS was submitted oct 25th, but last LOE went in Dec 3.

Were any of you previous to your interview invite placed on "continuing review" by Buffalo? Just wondering...I was placed on continuing review a couple of months ago, and I heard that it means that they are considering you for interview invite.

The interview experience was awesome. It consisted of a writing sample, Case scenerio discussion, and traditional interview. There's a tour of the facilities and lunch with faculty and students. Good Luck, the faculty is really nice and just wants to get to know your personality!!!

whats the case scenario like? It is really simple ?? I am kind of nervous about that?

Yeah. I got an invitation today. But same here. I am very worried about the case scenario interview which I did not do last year. Is it also one to one interview? Do we need to be prepared for it? (any themes? ethics?) If anyone knows, please share with us:)

Were any of you previous to your interview invite placed on "continuing review" by Buffalo? Just wondering...I was placed on continuing review a couple of months ago, and I heard that it means that they are considering you for interview invite.

My buffalo status has been, and is currently: Received/Under Review

My buffalo status has been, and is currently: Received/Under Review

So, you did not receive a snail mail letter from Buffalo at any time after you applied apprising you of your status? Anybody else?

I will also be there this Friday...just set it up this morning. I have been waiting to hear from buffalo for a while so I'm pretty pumped. Hope we got some Bills/Sabres fans in this crew...seeeeeya then

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was this thursday but I cancelled it. One more spot opens up.

So, you did not receive a snail mail letter from Buffalo at any time after you applied apprising you of your status? Anybody else?

I have never received anything from them in the mail...they emailed me saying that my application was complete and ready to be reviewed on Oct. 6th and the first time I heard from them was yesterday when the interview invite came via email.

whats the case scenario like? It is really simple ?? I am kind of nervous about that?

The case scenerio is nothing to get nervous about. It is just there to basically make sure you are an ethical human. Think dental ethics and answer confidently!!

i got a email today and i confirmed interview for this friday....but i am not going to receive the packet they send in time....can anyone tell me what's in it??

The packed has a letter from the committee. It also has a map of the campus and a car parking permit. it also has a list of hotels where you can stay and ask hotels for discounts since you'll be visiting with the university. i stayed at ramadaa inn, they have discounts, and also a shuttle service to the school. as far as i can remember i think that's all there was in the packet. the letter also explained what to expect on the interview day, since the interview is a few parts. good luck with it.

does anyone recommend any places to stay?
I'm arriving at the airport, dunno if a shuttle would be useful or not...

does anyone recommend any places to stay?
I'm arriving at the airport, dunno if a shuttle would be useful or not...

yes, it would be helpful for you to have a shuttle service. I stayed at Ramadaa Inn near the school the staff was very nice. they had shuttle service for free, but you have to call in advance to arrange it. i didn't use it for airport but i know people did who came for interviews. i used it for morning ride from hotel to school. it also had complimentary breakfast, which i suggest you take advantage of, because i think the school does not provide breakfast, only water. and you dont want your stomach rumbling during interviews.

Hey dfordat!
Thank you so much for the suggestion. Do you happen to have the phone number for Ramada Inn? Is it far from the University? And you said that they offered you a shuttle ride to the school, but how did you get back to the Inn, and then to the airport/bus station/etc? If you don't mind me asking that is.... =) Thanks a bunch.

Hey, it seems a whole bunch of you guys will have an interview this Friday. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing a cab back to the airport from the campus? If interested, send me an e-mail, I will check it tomorrow before my flight to buffalo. Good luck you all.

Yeah. I got an invitation today. But same here. I am very worried about the case scenario interview which I did not do last year. Is it also one to one interview? Do we need to be prepared for it? (any themes? ethics?) If anyone knows, please share with us:)

No need to be prepared with themes or ethics.. The traditional interview is 2 on 1. Everyone is unbelievably nice and just wants to see what you can bring to the program so just be yourself and be confident, not cocky.

I also got an email for interview. I have to call them and set up the date.

I called to set up an interview and set it to Jan 23rd since the week before was the only spots they had open but I wouldn't be in town that week. Should've called when I got that email and I could've gotten an interview for today! And met all you lovely people =[

Buffalo is werid. My stats got me into StonyBrook but did not even land me an interview at buff.

My friend has kick ass stats that got him into Columbia but waitlisted at Buff. Go figure

Buffalo is werid. My stats got me into StonyBrook but did not even land me an interview at buff.

My friend has kick ass stats that got him into Columbia but waitlisted at Buff. Go figure

What were your stats? if you don't mind me asking.

i just found out I got waitlisted... which is disappointing since UB is my top choice. any pointers?