Buffalo waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a thanks for coming email... interviewed there around 2 weeks ago... still no word tho...

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I think everybody did receive a thank you letter. When you say we will know decisions, does that mean you have not been accepted/waitlisted/rejected yet?

Yes, I think everybody did receive a thank you letter. When you say we will know decisions, does that mean you have not been accepted/waitlisted/rejected yet?

Well Dr. Brown and the Coordinator Barbara told our group of interviewees (this past thursday) that we should get an answer latest in 2 weeks, but most likely this week. I have not received any final decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an email this morning stating im on the alternate list.... I guess I'll hope for the best now :xf:

Im also on alternate list. Is this the same as being waitlisted? Should I ask which third of the list Im on?

Im also on alternate list. Is this the same as being waitlisted? Should I ask which third of the list Im on?

Yes its the same thing as being wait listed. In fact, my AADSAS status just changed to "wait listed"

I found out today that I am very high in the upper third of the list :)!
Barbara also said that the waitlist probably won't move until the end of Februrary/ early March.. (thats pretty close):xf:

I found out today that I am very high in the upper third of the list :)!
Barbara also said that the waitlist probably won't move until the end of Februrary/ early March.. (thats pretty close):xf:

This makes sense as the acceptances that just went out need to respond back by Feb 28th.

I hope this helps:

Last year, I interviewed post-Dec, which basically means you're interviewing for the wait list. At UB, the wait list is divided into three tiers. (Top third, middle third, bottom third) If you are placed on the wait list, you will never get a straightforward answer from

" said he interviewed in January (so he interviewed for the wait list) and he was placed in the top third, and then he received a call one week later notifying him of his acceptance.

Absolutely not true. I asked Dr. Brown about the online experts claiming this, and he said that there is no telling which dates are the best to interview.
Allow me to tell you about my past 3 experiences, and hopefully this will shed some light about what I think the school is thinking of.
My first interview was scheduled for sometime in January, however, Barbara called me and asked me if I wanted to come in Dec. 5th. I accepted that and came in. Interviewed, and was waitlisted, upper third.
My second interview, I was interviewed on the very first day that UBSDM had to interview. I thought I had a great chance, which I did, however, this put me in the middle of the upper third and middle third.
My third interview, I was again scheduled to come in January, Barbara again tried to call me in earlier in December, and for some reason I had forgotten my phone when I went off to work. Called her back the next day and stayed with my original date.
JANUARY 20th I interviewed, and now a part of UBSDM class of 2016.

My take on this is that if you interview too early there is no urgency (I suppose). Meaning that there are going to be many qualified candidates and seats available, so I suppose you really need to stand out (GPA, DAT, ECs, ETC).
If you interview in Dec, you are most likely going right to the list. Dr. Brown told me this year the school sent out 122 acceptances Dec. 1st. Only 60 something had responded back (This is Jan 20th.). Therefore there were seats available to interviewers in Jan. They won't start taking from the list until the interviews are done, however, they will accept new students from these interviews in Jan.
Summary: Best time to interview is pre- Dec, worst, after Dec 1st, and you still have a shot in Jan! You don't just get waitlisted in Jan, I'm an example of that.

Sorry about the long length, just my two cents on how it works, based upon 3 years of applying and several conversations with Dr. Brown.

I wad told that I am in the middle of the third in the waiting list. Do I have any chance?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I wad told that I am in the middle of the third in the waiting list. Do I have any chance?
Thanks

There is always a chance when you are on the waitlist. I did hear from some 4th years that UBSDM wants to expand their class size. Whether or not this is true is uncertain.
But yes, there is a chance.

Anybody else in off the wait list recently?

Someone just gave up a spot to go to stony.. According to a post on the UB Acceptance thread.

Haha, the news was not that good. I just meant good news that a spot opened up

andd the waiting game begins..again! Has anyone else found out what third they are in or is it too early right now?

You can find out by calling. Yes, people are already learning what 1/3 of the list they're in.

And a year later Im gonna bring this thread back to life. Interviewed on 1/18, got thank you letter on 1/20 morning and 20 mins later I got the waitlist letter. I called Barb on 1/22 to find out my location on the list and her exact words were "upper upper third". Guys if you were wait listed lets get some information and running.

I interviewed Dec 7th. I was wait listed about 6 days later, 20 minutes after getting the thank you letter. I asked to find my position on the list, and was told the upper third. On January 9th, I was accepted.

I interviewed Dec 7th. I was wait listed about 6 days later, 20 minutes after getting the thank you letter. I asked to find my position on the list, and was told the upper third. On January 9th, I was accepted.

What was your deposit deadline?

Anyone know when the last date interviews are being conducted?