Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSjunior

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:DOFFER MADE, holy crap does this feel good!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you too! So exciting!

did you all find out on aadsas?

Yes, by doing the cool right click "View Source" thing

Mine still says invited for interview under view source...I'm scared :(

Mine still says invited for interview under view source...I'm scared :(

I didn't apply to Buffalo but still have "Invited for Interview" under NOVA while others have "Offer Made" or "Denied". I'm kind of assuming that I've been waitlisted.....

Mine says "Invited for Interview." I think this means I'm denied. I'm really sad now.

Me too, Quack

"invited for interview still" !!!!!!!!???????????

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

HELP I THINK IM DYING of anxiety!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
why? offers can still be made until school starts... just b/c it didn't change now doesn't mean it wont...hang in there

The reason I'm so sad is because I have blemishes on my record. I feel like Buffalo probably couldn't look past the blemishes and that's why they rejected me. Now, I'm even more scared that other schools can't look past those blemishes either.

Plus, I'm a reapplicant and I am truthfully getting emotionally exhausted. I'm starting to lose hope which is really sad cuz I'm usually one of the more optimistic people on SDN and in real life.

The reason I'm so sad is because I have blemishes on my record. I feel like Buffalo probably couldn't look past the blemishes and that's why they rejected me. Now, I'm even more scared that other schools can't look past those blemishes either.

Plus, I'm a reapplicant and I am truthfully getting emotionally exhausted. I'm starting to lose hope which is really sad cuz I'm usually one of the more optimistic people on SDN and in real life.

Keep your head up! :)

One of the 10 schools you interviewed at will accept you! Don't worry!

offer made!!! congrats all. I spoke with someone on admissions they said there are offers made through the spring (maybe via alternate list).

With ten interviews I'm sure you will be fine!!!

Congrats DDSJunior!!! I am feeling all jealous now :)

Do you mind sharing your stats with us?

:hardy:

this is just the first round guys.. and they may not have finished putting everyone's status in. so hang in there if your aadsas didn't change yet!!:luck:

offer made :0)

Mine is blank under Status at designated schools/:confused:

just checked aadsas, its says OFFER MADE!!! THANK GOD!!
Good luck everyone

YAHOOO!!!!! I've made it!

in buffalo :0) so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to those who got acceptances and to those who haven't yet, keep your fingers crossed...UB typically takes until a few days before classes start to fill all of their seats

They sent an e-mail too !! Congret all!!:)

Buffalo was freaking awesome.

I got to explore the city during the interview, and it was a really nice city. I also really enjoyed the tour while I was at it. All the dental students were sooooo nice and happy. It actually is first choice for A LOT of people and has always been one of my top choices.

Louisville, however, also had a similar atmosphere.

UGH I am so torn, I am leaning more towards UB right now but good thing I've got till Jan 14th to decide...

I will go there!!

I got to explore the city during the interview, and it was a really nice city. I also really enjoyed the tour while I was at it. All the dental students were sooooo nice and happy. It actually is first choice for A LOT of people and has always been one of my top choices.

UGH I am so torn, I am leaning more towards UB right now but good thing I've got till Jan 14th to decide...

I loved buffalo. No traffic issues, the area was surrounded by houses not high rises. The clincher is the low rent in the area, you could get a decent place for $500-$1000. I know that if I requested that in Boston I'd probably get laughed at.

I just want to make sure that I'm not hallucinating/mixing it up with Stony...but did anyone else get a call from Buffalo in addition to seeing AADSAS?

I just want to make sure that I'm not hallucinating/mixing it up with Stony...but did anyone else get a call from Buffalo in addition to seeing AADSAS?

They sent an email

My interviewer from Buffalo called me today.

Just got the acceptance email.:thumbup:
It's official.

Have you ever left Southern California? Go back to Buffalo in January/ Feb. and see if the weather still works for you!

I grew up in Buffalo - I think I've capped out on the amount of cold and snow I can handle for a lifetime!

Anyway, Congrats!

As an added bonus in the acceptance email they are only requesting a deposit of $350:cool:

Just wait to see the faces of other people going to expensive private schools with their $$$$$ deposits.:smuggrin:

Oh and the snow bit on buffalo I think it is overblown. I don't think the city itself gets overwhelmed with snow.

The deposit is refundable before April as well!

As an added bonus in the acceptance email they are only requesting a deposit of $350:cool:

Just wait to see the faces of other people going to expensive private schools with their $$$$$ deposits.:smuggrin:

Oh and the snow bit on buffalo I think it is overblown. I don't think the city itself gets overwhelmed with snow.[/QUOTE]

HAHA!! keep telling yourself that! I GREW UP there and I'm telling you, the snow is a$$ kicking ****ty.

BUT, good school and you can't beat the price!

Oh and the snow bit on buffalo I think it is overblown. I don't think the city itself gets overwhelmed with snow.[/QUOTE]

HAHA!! keep telling yourself that! I GREW UP there and I'm telling you, the snow is a$$ kicking ****ty.

BUT, good school and you can't beat the price!

Well I know people who are going there right now(not necessarily the ones I met in the interview) who would back be up on this. And who the hell cares if you go to a warm place with nice beaches :mad: you are not going to school for vacation.