Bugs and Drugs - 2 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sartre79

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some good advice on how to increase my recollection of these two subjects in a couple weeks? Rote memorization is not a strong point...any triage advice. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have some good advice on how to increase my recollection of these two subjects in a couple weeks? Rote memorization is not a strong point...any triage advice. Thanks

I'm in the same boat. Just over 2 weeks and micro is always my weak spot on UW questions at least. I've heard that the BRS Micro and Pharm cards are pretty high yield (which I'm starting to do at night). Is it true that FA micro along with UW is pretty complete for what we'd be expected to know? I'm hoping I don't have to go back and review CMMRS again, because that book was looooooong

how many times have you guys gone over them bug? micro is one of my weakest areas and I've looked at them at least 3 times but can't seem to remember zilch. :scared: pharm too. I only get them right by making lucky guesses on uworld.

how many times have you guys gone over them bug? micro is one of my weakest areas and I've looked at them at least 3 times but can't seem to remember zilch. :scared: pharm too. I only get them right by making lucky guesses on uworld.

Only micro stuff I've done is CMMRS and UW questions so far. Got 2 weeks from tomorrow till I take the real deal. CMMRS allowed me to remember a lot of big picture stuff, but I'm still getting a lot wrong on UW questions (in which the answers are found in First Aid on closer inspection). I haven't done FA micro yet, but I plan to knock out a piece of it every night along with doing BRS Micro cards at night and then I'll probably do some old UW question sets of specifically micro to see if I'm getting it.

As far as pharm goes I'm currently watching all the Kaplan vids. Its ridiculously long, but pharm at my school was bad and I need to understand stuff in order to memorize it. Afer this I just plan doing pharm along with the organ systems in my FA during my last couple weeks (which will strictly be FA and UW). I've also got the BRS pharm cards which I heard are good. Does this sound like a good plan?

Members don't see this ad :)
The flow charts for the bugs and the tables for the viruses seem like some of the highest yield items that are in FA. I took these tables and added other things to them from the rest of the micro chapter.

I'm now on my second run through of FA and hope to go through it one last time before. So 3 times for micro?

and as for drugs, I felt really weak in them and was getting slaughtered by UW. I spent the last 2 days doing all the pharm q's again and writing down everything in the pharm section of FA, not bothering to take the time to put them in the appropriate individual segment. Hopefully it will help.