Burglarized while being away on an interview this Monday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daredevil

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Grrr! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So I was away at my girlfriend's place in Ithaca for the past weekend and Monday at Syracuse for an interview with Upstate Medical U. Low and behold, some petty burglars happened to break into my apartment when my father was at work Saturday night. Fortunately, since we don't have that many valuable things to begin with, all they took were my watch and my winter jacket. Those bastards! New York City sucks. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

That's a shame, Daredevil! :( Gee, wonder what I'll think of NYC if I end up going to school there. It will certainly be a shock after spending almost all of my life in Alaska.

Geez, that sucks. At least you didn't loose a lot of posessions!

I've lived in a town of 500 all my life. I leave my front door unlocked... :) So, I didn't apply to any NYC schools. Thought that might be a bit of a shock. :)

My best advice to all of the SDN'ers who are coming to NY for med school is: if you are in an apartment where there is window access to a fire escape, get a security gate installed in the frame of the fire escape window. Or if that is too expensive: get a power drill and drill two long screws on each side of the window (where the two windows meet in the middle). I know it sounds scary, but I have done both...hey living in the Bronx is not that bad, but you gotta be careful :wink: .

P.S. if you happen to live on ground floor, neither of those methods will be too useful :D .