Burn Fellowship at Jacobi Medical Center

Started by pimoa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pimoa

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would appreciate any information about the Burn Fellowship at Jacobi Medical Center in NY.You do it after completing 2-3 years of general surgery
Curriculum, operative exposure(including apart from burn), ICU, research opportunities...?
Most importantly, apart from other sub fellowships(critical care, ICU), junior fellowships(Cardiothoracic at Yale, and Brigham), and spending time in lab research, it is the other option, since I don't have a categorical surgery residency spot yet.
Any suggestions/input about what to do next, to get into a categorical spot would be very welcome.
 
Would appreciate any information about the Burn Fellowship at Jacobi Medical Center in NY.You do it after completing 2-3 years of general surgery
Curriculum, operative exposure(including apart from burn), ICU, research opportuniteis...?
Most importantly, apart from other sub fellowships(critical care, ICU), junior fellowships(Cardiothoracic at Yale, and Brigham), and spending time in lab research, it is the other option, since me don't have a categorical surgery residency spot yet.
Any suggestions/input about what to do next, to get into a categorical spot would be very welcome.
I know nothing about the fellowship, but I can imagine you won't lack for patients. I worked as an EMT in Brooklyn, and we were instructed to bring all burn patients to the Jacobi ED if we could (I assume this is true for all 5 boroughs).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad