Burning out with still 1+ month to go

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killinsound

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm forcing myself to study the past 2 days but not really wanting to do it... it's lead to some pretty bad percentages on my practice material...

How do you keep yourself from burning out? Should I take it easier, or take a break? I'm not even studying that much. (a couple hours a day)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm forcing myself to study the past 2 days but not really wanting to do it... it's lead to some pretty bad percentages on my practice material...

How do you keep yourself from burning out? Should I take it easier, or take a break? I'm not even studying that much. (a couple hours a day)

Same here, I am definitely getting a bit tired of this and losing some focus...if you are studying everyday, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take a few days off. I actually don't really study that much, which is probably a bad thing because I'm already like burned out! Since I'm in school now I pretty much can only study on weekends, so I can't really take off a weekend. I think you really just have to remind yourself why you're studying and why you need to do well, basically just revamp your motivation. The good news is that if you're taking in April, there is only about a month to go! Good luck :luck:

Just take two days off to do absolutely nothing (trust me, the benefits outweigh the guilt of not studying). There is no other way to refresh. It took me a muscle sprain to finally stop. :laugh:

Wow, good to know I'm not alone.
It's so annoying when one section goes up and another goes down. This is what's happening to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way over the last week, I'm sure its normal, you have been going over the same material for months now.

Hey all - this is totally normal. It's just like if you were studying for your finals. You go, go, go, go, but eventually you hit a wall.

I usually go all out with the MCAT study for a couple of weeks, but then I give myself one full day on the weekend to absolutely do nothing. It's great, but the whole day I feel like "I have to do something". So, the next day, I feel great when I start to study again because I'm not falling behind like I had thought. It's a little reverse psychology on myself, but at least my brain and body get a little breather.

Well since I just came back from work where one of my coworkers who's an MD and another girl who took it and got a 41 told me I should take a week long break given that Im getting the scores I want already. I think i've reached my apex. I have a huge midterm coming up anywyas should I'm just gonna take it easy i guess.

Good luck to everyone else.