Oct 4, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Anybody else burnt out from this interviewing process? It's getting hard for me to answer the same questions over and over again without feeling like a robot. And then of course adding to the fatigue is the constant worrying about not matching at all, or worrying about if you match, where that might be, the number of trajectories that your life might take, or how your personal life might be affected ...

MR1

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Anybody else burnt out from this interviewing process? It's getting hard for me to answer the same questions over and over again without feeling like a robot. And then of course adding to the fatigue is the constant worrying about not matching at all, or worrying about if you match, where that might be, the number of trajectories that your life might take, or how your personal life might be affected ...
yes everyone gets burned out about this time. I did 12 interviews and was burnt after number 10. You have to remember to give 100% no matter what at every interview, they will notice if you don't. I know my 11th and 12th interview noticed and I regret that.

One thing I did was not overdue it at the places I interviewed. Granted I did not get to enjoy the cities I went to but this is NOT a vacation, you are interviewing. For example a lot of places, applicants would go out afterwards and have fun but that in my opinion wears you out more. If you are not like me then maybe going out is good for you.

Just try and remember to give you all during the entire interview and then crach afterwards. Every single plane ride even if it was ~45min, I slept on.