@Mettii hmm away wise honestly wasn't great. i dont have a home program/new school so being relatively unknown + being late i think compounded things. YMMV! Get your mentors to reach out, that's how i got one of my aways. I got desperate and emailed the PC of as many possible programs asking if they had any avail, many were nice and responded and those that did still have space I sent in my app and tried to personalize it as much as possible (saying why I want to go to their away). It's tedious but it might be worth it. There is availability thru the traditional route of VSLO but honestly towards Oct/Nov/Dec if you're willing to take that risk during interview season, I got some offers from programs then. If you're from the coast those programs are pretty popular and fill up fast so also recommend maybe trying programs in the midwest/south. I ended up matching !! but would not repeat this personal hell again. Wishing u the best of luck