Burnout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoardingDoc

Don't worry. I've got my towel.
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently has made its way into icd 11 with specific defining criteria.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The first time a physician gets slapped with that diagnosis and the hospital hears about it...what do you want to bet they get suspended and forced to undergo a psychiatric evaluation for "pt safety"?

It reminds me of this article I was reading about a physician in Oregon maybe?.. It might have even been posted on here. I think she documented on a hospital form that she took anti-depressants, etc.. and ended up suspended, forced to undergo psychiatric assessment, lost her state license and spent a fortune in lawyers getting her license reinstated and suing the hospital. I want to say the suit had been going on for several years. It sounded like a nightmare.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The first time a physician gets slapped with that diagnosis and the hospital hears about it...what do you want to bet they get suspended and forced to undergo a psychiatric evaluation for "pt safety"?

It reminds me of this article I was reading about a physician in Oregon maybe?.. It might have even been posted on here. I think she documented on a hospital form that she took anti-depressants, etc.. and ended up suspended, forced to undergo psychiatric assessment, lost her state license and spent a fortune in lawyers getting her license reinstated and suing the hospital. I want to say the suit had been going on for several years. It sounded like a nightmare.
"I'm good, thanks for asking. How are you?"

Reactions: 1 users

If I remember right she took steroids for something, had a bout of steroid induced psychosis, then went through everything you said and more. Was detailed in the ACEP weekly paper a few months ago.