Burnt out - other jobs with PT degree?

Started by Beach55
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Beach55

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone post if they themselves (or colleagues/friends) have worked outside a clinical setting with a DPT? What types of jobs, etc. Thank you.
 
Ergonomist
Human Factors Engineer
Health & Safety
Training and Education
Patient Relations
Consultant (various)
DME Sales
Product Manager
Military
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone post if they themselves (or colleagues/friends) have worked outside a clinical setting with a DPT? What types of jobs, etc. Thank you.
Hi, burn out is a real problem with our community. I keep changing the settings to prevent burn outs as well. I know few of my friends though who have completely made a career change after DPT and few years of clinical practice. Few of the areas where we as DPT are needed are, writers, case managers, consultants, teaching jobs etc. Good luck to you.
 
Thank you all for the posts. Two people mentioned consulting positions - mind sharing which companies, job titles? I have a business degree with experience - in addition to my DPT - but I'm having difficulty finding any type of consulting/analytic position. And the insurance companies seem to only be hiring PT's with 5 years + experience for their claims reviewer positions which I don't have yet - I doubt I'd go that route anyways but good to know all the options. Thanks again!
 
Thank you all for the posts. Two people mentioned consulting positions - mind sharing which companies, job titles? I have a business degree with experience - in addition to my DPT - but I'm having difficulty finding any type of consulting/analytic position. And the insurance companies seem to only be hiring PT's with 5 years + experience for their claims reviewer positions which I don't have yet - I doubt I'd go that route anyways but good to know all the options. Thanks again!

ADA (construction or government health office)
Ergonomics (health & safety)
FCE
Health Program Development & Management

The list goes on...