You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
busiest pharmacy in the country
Started by Rukn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Harbison is a three ring circus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean traditional retailWhat type of pharmacy are we limiting it to?
The VA mail order pharmacy here in AZ does 45,000 a day.
What type of pharmacy are we limiting it to?
The VA mail order pharmacy here in AZ does 45,000 a day.
WOW! How many patients about?
WOW! How many patients about?
http://media.pharmacist.com/jfps/19-Use+of+Lean+Six+Sigma+Methodology.pdf
This poster looked at 5 CMOPs and says they do 470,000 a day for approx 317,000 patients a day.
Harbison is a three ring circus.
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what the busiest pharmacy in the country is?
CVS Store #0371 on Harbison in Philly does like 10-12k scripts a week
I've never heard of or seen anything that ridiculous in terms of volume
My goodness!! If I had any desire of living close to where I grew up that would be a PRIMO location for an independent!
Can you even imagine how awful their customer service is???
who cares about customer service when you are that busy, esp at CVS, you just try to survive lolMy goodness!! If I had any desire of living close to where I grew up that would be a PRIMO location for an independent!
Can you even imagine how awful their customer service is???
BF7 you want to open a pharmacy in AZ?
who cares about customer service when you are that busy, esp at CVS, you just try to survive lol
You don't think there are any independents near that CVS?
You don't think there are any independents near that CVS?
there might be, but honestly how bad can the costomer service get where you get majority of your scripts transferred? I mean the CVS near my store had all their staff quit and the store was in shambles for months, there still wasn't THAT many transfers (i think it's getting a little netter now, although still very long wait when i have to call them)
Most people don't like changes, unless something horrific happens
Lol there's an Acme right next to itYou don't think there are any independents near that CVS?
Been in there too, their pharmacy staff is just chillin'
Don't think that is a good idea....because your script volume might go up but your tech hours won't.....so basically you waste tech hours on unnecessarily filling scripts and doing RTSif u want to increase script volume, simply enroll everyone to readyfill.. they may not pick them up, but your script count will increase.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My wife worked at Harbison last night. She comes home looking like she's is coming back from Afghanistan or something. She lumbers in, "18 pages of Readyfill...make me a sandwich, bitch." And I made her a sandwich.
Overnight at that place is insane too. You feel like you are in a different universe. Scripts keep pouring out of the machine like a waterfall.My wife worked at Harbison last night. She comes home looking like she's is coming back from Afghanistan or something. She lumbers in, "18 pages of Readyfill...make me a sandwich, bitch." And I made her a sandwich.
It just doesn't stop there. Ever.
PIC and overnight people probably make a killing though.
Last edited:
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what the busiest pharmacy in the country is?
CVS Store #0371 on Harbison in Philly does like 10-12k scripts a week
I've never heard of or seen anything that ridiculous in terms of volume
I think the numbers are slightly inflated.
My goodness!! If I had any desire of living close to where I grew up that would be a PRIMO location for an independent!
Can you even imagine how awful their customer service is???
The lines are long, but we send enough cashiers to deal with it. The phone rings and rings, but we answer in about 2 rings. Have you called another store for a transfer and wait 10 min to speak to the pharmacist? It doesn't happen at this store.
Overnight at that place is insane too. You feel like you are in a different universe. Scripts keep pouring out of the machine like a waterfall.
It just doesn't stop there. Ever.
PIC and overnight people probably make a killing though.
Overnight is tough. There's not enough help, not enough hours.
there might be, but honestly how bad can the costomer service get where you get majority of your scripts transferred? I mean the CVS near my store had all their staff quit and the store was in shambles for months, there still wasn't THAT many transfers (i think it's getting a little netter now, although still very long wait when i have to call them)
Most people don't like changes, unless something horrific happens
I thought this was the case too when working for CVS. It always felt like they were trying to walk the line of pissing people off with long wait times and low staffing, but not pissing them off enough to transfer out. You're right, it's just easier to keep coming back.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 570
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K