Business cards for midyear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AmphoTerrible

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of the residents at my current rotation told me I should purchase business cards to bring with me to Midyear to hand out to programs I talk to/interested in for residency. Kind of seems a bit much but what do you guys think? Is this common? Thanks!
 
Students with business cards make me laugh...waste of money...

I'm not gonna call or contact you unless you actually submit an application to my program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You so mean.

You just realized this now?

All the "Pharm.D. Candidate" business cards ended up in the garbage with all the CV's...

We had almost 100 applications last year. I would say 1 out of every 5 people you talk to at Midyear actually end up applying to the program. I will take you seriously when you take the time to send me a completed application. I will read your personal statement, look at your transcript, letters of rec, and CV.

I can see maybe if you are applying for PGY2 because the applicant pool is much smaller.

Oh...and don't send me an e-mail with a list of 15 questions that can be answered from looking at the website. Seriously, I'm a resident or residency program director and frankly don't have the time to e-mail back all these answers. I honestly would rather answer your questions over the phone. Much more efficient!!!
 
I agree with no business cards... if I receive any of them at midyear, I would not be keeping any of them.
 
One of the residents at my current rotation told me I should purchase business cards to bring with me to Midyear to hand out to programs I talk to/interested in for residency. Kind of seems a bit much but what do you guys think? Is this common? Thanks!

The levels of ******ry among pharmacy students is amazing these days. No wonder the practice of pharmacy is circling the drain.