Business Major w/ Pre-Med Courses

splishsplash

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it feasible to major in Business Administration while also taking Pre-med courses? And on that note, would it be smarter to go to a very well known business school and take pre-med courses at a community college?

Thanks to all those who give advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it feasible to major in Business Administration while also taking Pre-med courses? And on that note, would it be smarter to go to a very well known business school and take pre-med courses at a community college?

Med school dislikes pre-med courses done at CC so I personally wouldn't do it....

Avoid community colleges at all costs. It really doesn't matter where you go to college before medical school, I recommend going wherever it's cheapest (other than community college). You could certainly do that, you'd just have to explain A why you took business B they often think finance/business majors are just going to med school to make money. Be careful, but I like your idea of a fallback major.

Edit: Nothing negative intended. I'd just be cautious. Major/Minor in whatever interests you. That's where you will truly find success.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much! i want to go to a college that is well known for business because i'm interested in that field of study but i want to pursue a career in medicine, so i'm looking for a good balance between the two.

Hey Splish! I'm going to have to agree with the rest of the posters on going to a Community Colleges... avoid that at all costs...

Anyways, I'm posting because I'm most likely going to major in English while doing all the pre-med courses. The only thing I think you should consider is if it's possible at the college you're going to. Public colleges that are large and sometimes a bit "crowded" might not be the best bet for you because it may be difficult to get into some science classes as they would be reserved for science students primarily. So make sure you look into that! :)

Business pre-med students have a tough academic life. But it's nothing impossible