Business opportunities in pharmacy

Started by btpayne13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

btpayne13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First off, I'm posting this thread in the Pharmacy section to get answers from more experienced pharmacists, as opposed to high school students or pre-pharmacy students. That said, I might want to go into pharmacy because I've heard it's a great blend of medicine and business. What business opportunities are available in pharmacy? How difficult is it to run your own pharmacy? I've heard that the big pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS, etc) monopolize the industry, so can you still succeed in running your own pharmacy or niche pharmacy that focuses on a certain group of patients?
 
I`d agree with the above poster. It is definitely easier to succeed in a remote location where you have less competition. Also, for the first little while, you will have to work very long hours and probably will not be making very much.