Buy a house now or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I lived in same county in mid 90s ☺️ are the rents sustainable in a recession?
Nice.

I have not seen rent go down even during the 2008-2009 recession. It's a disgrace how expensive rent is there right now.

When you were there a solid 2BR/2BA was probably going for $400. I moved there in the early 2004, and our rent was $425 for 2/2 close to downtown West Palm Beach.
 
Nice.

I have not seen rent go down even during the 2008-2009 recession. It's a disgrace how expensive rent is there right now.

When you were there a solid 2BR/2BA was probably going for $400. I moved there in the early 2004, and our rent was $425 for 2/2 close to downtown West Palm Beach.
Honestly don’t remember how much I paid. I lived near Boca Raton. I stayed for some time in a single family home (3 BR/2 bath) for $90k in 1990 and then moved to 2 BR/2BA condo.

One thing with condos is HOA fees are unpredictable and tends to go up if not managed properly
 
Seeing a slowdown finally in my area. Fingers crossed it increases. No one is liking 6 percent interest rates. I think more pain ahead.
Yes, it’s a long cycle. First institutional money should stop flowing into residential properties and then need fed start cutting rates.