Buy a house now or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I lived in same county in mid 90s ☺️ are the rents sustainable in a recession?
Nice.

I have not seen rent go down even during the 2008-2009 recession. It's a disgrace how expensive rent is there right now.

When you were there a solid 2BR/2BA was probably going for $400. I moved there in the early 2004, and our rent was $425 for 2/2 close to downtown West Palm Beach.

Members don't see this ad.

Nice.

I have not seen rent go down even during the 2008-2009 recession. It's a disgrace how expensive rent is there right now.

When you were there a solid 2BR/2BA was probably going for $400. I moved there in the early 2004, and our rent was $425 for 2/2 close to downtown West Palm Beach.
Honestly don’t remember how much I paid. I lived near Boca Raton. I stayed for some time in a single family home (3 BR/2 bath) for $90k in 1990 and then moved to 2 BR/2BA condo.

One thing with condos is HOA fees are unpredictable and tends to go up if not managed properly

Reactions: 1 user
Seeing a slowdown finally in my area. Fingers crossed it increases. No one is liking 6 percent interest rates. I think more pain ahead.
Yes, it’s a long cycle. First institutional money should stop flowing into residential properties and then need fed start cutting rates.